- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Manager Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability for Mentor General Description Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S), aspart of the J&J Supply Chain, is currently recruiting for a Mentor (J&JMedical Devices) site EHS&S lead.
Location for this position is the Mentor site in Leiden.
This manager EHS&S will seek to optimize EHS&S resourcedeployment against strategic objectives together with Mentor Leadership and isalso part of the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Netherlands EHS&S team.This person will routinely interface with multiple internal businessstakeholders including the 3 other J&J Site EHS&S leads within the Netherlands.This role will also interface with external stakeholders like governmentalbodies.
Responsibilities Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited tothe following- applying to both roles:
- Develop together with the Mentor leadership, EHS&S objectives for the site in line with the corporate objectives;
- Be accountable for successful implementation of EHS&S services to the mentor organization and to customers in support of business objectives;
- Conducts periodic EHS&S performance and service satisfaction reviews with General Manager, and Site leaders;
- Creates value by driving greater efficiency and standardization in the deployment of EHS&S resources, processes, procedures and programs;
- Accountable for delivery of agreed-to site EHS&S performance plans;
- Builds and manages a lean, highly competent EHS&S support team that delivers superior EHS&S services;
- Lead in- and external audits and inspections (for example ISO 14001-2015, J&J EHS&S Comprehensive Audits, governmental inspections);
- Continuously monitors all EHS&S aspects of the Mentor site, providing EHS&S direction. The person is part of the Mentor Site Management Board team;
- Leads and executes administrative activities including Talent Management, Budget Management, Cost allocation, and regulatory tracking processes;
- Provides EHS&S technical assistance and support as needed across the J&J locations within the Netherlands.
- A University/Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of degree is required. Science, engineering or related EHS discipline/degree is preferred;
- Dutch degree of ‘Hogere Veiligheidskunde’ or equivalent;
- Passionate about EHS&S and able to communicate that at all levels within the organization;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Able to connect to the business and able to understand the business needs;
- Strong communicator who is credible and self-assured;
- Previously demonstrated supervisory/leadership experience;
- Ability to negotiate with and influence key business leaders;
- Strong technical skills with the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner;
- Strong compliance orientated;
- Ability to work in a matrix, team-oriented environment;
- Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills;
- Strong written and oral English communication skills;
- High Energy, capability to Energize others, have an Edge and have high focus on Execution;
- Passion about the role, a positive “can do” attitude;
- A minimum of (10+ years) of progressive experience in EHS&S management, with at least 4+ years managing EHS&S programs at a Manufacturing facility;
- Language Requirements: English, Dutch;
- Travel Requirements: 10 % travel, depending on business needs.