- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Risk Management Directorate - Coordination Division - Directorate General Office, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a TRAINEE
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st November 2019)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted. Objective of the traineeship
The objective of the traineeship is to contribute to the implementation of Risk Management's goals in terms of Communication Strategy, to participate in the achievement of the related projects and to learn about Risk Management functions. Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head of Director General Office Unit, you will work in close collaboration with the colleague in charge of the Communications for the Directorate.
Your main tasks will be:
- Implement innovative communication channels;
- Contribute to drafting presentations, briefings and speeches as needed in relation to the organisation of events and meetings;
- Support in the review of the RM Intranet website;
- Run market researches and identify new communication tools and initiatives for more efficiency.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree, ideally in Communications, Media, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism and/or Languages;
- Some experience in Digital Media/Communication would be an asset;
- Some short professional experience (e.g. internship) in a similar role or work environment would be an asset;
- Some short professional experience in the development of communication strategies would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (particularly Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro -Illustrator and Visio);
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and/or Publisher would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of web publishing and different CMS (Drupal, WordPress, Joomla);
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and/or French. Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 21st July 2019.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website.