- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Jose Village
Embedded Firmware, PCIe Application Systems Engineer for a Global Chip company in San Jose, Ca.
- Analyze, debug, & root cause issues found in the PCIe switch products and work with appropriate development teams (firmware, software, IC hardware, or board hardware) to provide a solution.
- Provide guidance to OEM customers on properly integrating Broadcom's storage products into servers and custom designs.
Guidance consists of architecture reviews, schematic reviews, design-in support and training customers on product features and limitations.
- Develop product documentation for use by customers implementing Broadcom storage products
- Develop software tools and methods to improve debug efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Train field sales and support staff in the features and uses of Broadcom storage products
- Occasional travel, some of which may be international
- 5+ years of experience and a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or 3+ years of experience and a Master's Degree
- Experience with firmware, software, hardware and PCIe protocol level debug
- Experience developing and debugging C code
- Prior experience in embedded SW debug or development (firmware, drivers, BIOS ) using PCIe technology preferred
- Must be able to communicate technical solutions with the customer and internal teams
- Experience with SAS/SATA protocols, RAID, ARM or PPC embedded processors, logic analyzers, and oscilloscopes
Location: San Jose, Ca
Type: Full Time