- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- BELGIUM BE
Embedded Software Design Engineer
Rate: Negotiable (440 -480 a day, depending on experience)
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months initially (possibility of extension upon completion of this contract)
Hours per week: 40 hours
The client: One of our main customers and a key player within the civil aviation industry in Europe. They specialise in the design, production and assembly of complex structural elements for both aircraft and spacecraft, specific software and electronic, electrical and electro-hydraulic components.
- Participating in architectural trade studies;
- Define and apply development standards (in the frame of ECSS or DO-178)
- Writing software documentation.
- Implementing feedback control algorithms and safety/monitoring functions on a target processor;
- Taking an active role in the preliminary tests to eliminate bugs;
- Support formal test activities for software validation;
- Participate to formal test activities of other equivalent software.
- Deep knowledge of C.
- Eclipse development environment.
- Knowledge of assembly is a plus.
- Knowledge of some communication bus protocols is a plus (SPI, 1553, AFDX ).
- Knowledge of C++.
- Basic knowledge of electronic design.
- Knowledge of Matlab Simulink is a plus.
- Knowledge of SCADE is a plus.
- Five-year experience in Embedded software for critical applications (this means application which will endanger the lives of people or expensive installations in case of failure).
- An experience in aerospace development is a plus.
- A practical knowledge of DO-178 (and possibly DO-254) is a plus.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://en-gb/candidate-privacy