- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) is one of Bird’s fastest-growing regions.
We are actively searching for the perfect candidate for a Public Affairs role to guide Bird’s Public Affairs efforts in EMEA across the range of issues important to Bird, including safety, sustainability, transit access, equity, and data / privacy.
The EMEA Public Affairs Lead will work closely with the broader Bird Public Affairs team, as well as the EMEA Communications, Government Partnerships, Operations and Product teams.
The role will report to Bird’s Head of Public Affairs and will be based in Amsterdam, with travel as needed.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the range of issues important to micro-mobility, including safety, sustainability, transit access, equity, and data / privacy, identifying strategic opportunities and forming policy proposals / positions when appropriate
- Create third-party engagement strategies and industry partnerships with advocacy organisations to drive acceptance of shared micro-mobility
- Develop and cultivate Bird’s relationships with policy experts at NGOs, trade associations, universities, and think tanks
- Create materials and develop analyses to educate communities and policymakers on the benefits and impacts of micro-mobility services
- Articulate a vision for the role of shared micro-mobility in the context of cities’ goals and promote this to government and third party stakeholders
- Assist the EMEA Government Partnerships teams in developing strategies / campaigns to respond to regulatory challenges, and to respond to RFPs, permit applications, etc
- Be an external advocate for Bird, promoting our vision of the future of equitable transportation through public speaking engagements at industry conferences and events globally, and with the media when requiredBe an internal advocate for sensible policies with other teams at Bird, and push Bird to always strive to do better
- Partner with the EMEA public relations and marketing teams to build campaigns of importance to priority EMEA markets Requirements
- 8+ years of experience working on policy matters in a governmental role, the private sector, consulting firm, NGO or think tank
- Bachelor’s degree, with preference for graduate degree or demonstrated subject matter expertise in urban affairs
- Significant analytical experience, including ability to analyse data to identify trends and implications
- Ability to quickly learn highly technical policy subject matter and communicate it in a compelling, relatable way
- A substantial network of urban policy contacts across EMEA
- Experience working in rapidly evolving environments with a comfort for ambiguity and a natural ability to focus on the right information
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, and own / drive priorities within your portfolio
- Strong project management skills with the ability to drive results cross-functionally
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in English as well as one or more European languages is required (preferably Spanish/French/German)
- Conversant with Powerpoint / Google Slides and Excel / Google Sheets
- Flexibility to travel as needed Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
- ms project