- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- East London
On offer: an interesting position working as a billing operations analyst in a forward-thinking team in a global high technology company based in the City. We are looking for a bright graduate with a naturally analytical approach able to grasp how a billing system contributes to the wider success of a company and its good relations with distribution partners.
This is not a dull or static set up - this is a progressive company at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide operating a range of billing systems, including industry-standard applications such as CSG’s Singleview and InterconnecT, SAP, in addition to bespoke applications. The systems are mostly Oracle-based.
The billing and reporting cycle is calendar-month based and the team you would be joining is responsible for call data extraction, analysis and pricing, which in turn supports the invoicing of distribution partners. Thus, you will need to be detail oriented, focused and confident in your own ability when asked to progressively take ownership of one or more of billing systems, manage the acquisition and processing of data, analyse trends, spot anomalies and run queries on a database. As the problem solving aspect of the work relates to external partners, you must also possess good communication skills.
Proactivity, curiosity, precision and a desire to learn will be essential!
- University degree, probably business or IT-related.
- Good standard of numeracy and an aptitude for working with structured data in an analytical way.
- Good working knowledge of SQL, preferably in an Oracle environment
- Reasonable working knowledge of standard office automation software: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Familiarity and desire to work with systems.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with the other members of the billing team, other staff, and external contacts as required.
- Ability to quickly absorb new learning experiences and to deploy new knowledge quickly and effectively.
- Reasonable understanding or appreciation of high-transaction volume business systems.
- Experience of system analysis or testing.