- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 223859
Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is delivering a transformation program on behalf of, and in collaboration with, the Saudi National Project, Management Organization (NPMO). The NPMO (known locally as “Mashroat”) has the mandate to transform Saudi Government Entities (“Entities”) into more efficient and effective project management organizations, which in turn will result in improved project performance. Projects are defined as government funded and delivered infrastructure construction projects. Bechtel’s contract started in February 2017 and completes in February 2020 (but may be subject to an extension).
In 2017, Mashroat’s mandate increased to include transforming Entities into more efficient and effective Operations & Maintenance (O&M) management organizations. In June 2019, Bechtel’s scope expanded to include the management and coordination of Mashroat’s O&M partner. Bechtel’s management of Mashroat’s O&M partner requires additional resources across a number of departments.
Bechtel is seeking an Entity Document and ECMS Manager. The Entity Document Management and ECMS Manager is an Entity Support leadership role, participating as a member of the Entity Support Team, and reporting to the NPMO Document and Information Manager. The Entity Document Management and ECMS Manager has broad program responsibilities across all functions and disciplines defining and managing the overall Document and ECMS Management scope for their nominated Entity.
The role is an integral part of the Entity Support team and will provide support to the NPMO Document and Information Manager with regards to promoting the meaning and purpose of the NPMO document and information management framework mission and KSA Government Entities ECMS reform objectives.
In this role, you will be the focal point for your nominated Entity document and records management related scope, provide ECMS expertise and support to facilitate suitable and effective management of documentation and records, in conjunction with the NPMO standards and requirements.
- Support the delivery of a Document/Records Management and ECMS strategy that will facilitate effective capture, storage, control and delivery of all formally released/issued documents and records.
- Plan, undertake, record and monitor evaluation reporting as well as reviewing conclusions and reporting any recommendations for improvement.
- Provide ECMS Subject Matter Expert advice, expertise and guidance to the Entity ensuring compliance with the NPMO ECMS standards and requirements
- Evaluate the functionality of the proposed ECMSs to ensure the requirements of the NPMO and business are maintained.
- Manage Entity ECMS implementation, configuration and administration.
- Oversee Entity ECMS maintenance and support services through liaison with 3rd party ECMS provider(s) and Entity IT department.
- Generate reports; improve the KPIs and offer strategic input as appropriate to your Entity.
- Champion best practice for document & records management across the projects and disseminate lessons learned from this and other projects.
- Support the document management team and define processes and procedures for the effective and efficient management and control of documentation throughout the full lifetime of the project(s) and asset(s) as per ISO 9001: 2015 standard.
- Provide support, direction, guidance to ensure the document management procedures and systems are clearly understood and properly utilised by Document Management Teams both within the Entity and on their projects.
- Provide support and advice in the management and capture of all issued/released and received electronic documentation and other relevant media in accordance with NPMO issued document management procedures.
- Act as a focal point between NPMO and the Entity Document Management Departments
- Provide formal weekly and monthly reports to the NPMO Document and Information Manager with the detailed status of own tasks, Entity assignment challenges and issues, as well as with the breakdown of the Entity Document/Records Management and ECMS Implementation activities progress and compliance with the NPMO standards and requirements
- Inspect tasks performed within the discipline identifying areas of risk
- Identifies and documents essential data for effective operations and reporting
- Retrieves and prepares data to provide weekly and monthly status reports
- Ensures data is available through the appropriate applications
- Provides mentoring and training to less experienced staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
- Organise training for personnel in the use of the ECMS. Keep a training matrix of all personnel trained and their role/proficiency.
- Provide training and technical support to users that is appropriate for their specific use
- Evaluates effectiveness of training through data retrieval, dashboards & benchmarking
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Bechtel Target Zero principles.
- Take necessary care to properly capture Bechtel records as required, and protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Bechtel information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Bechtel’s information or information systems at risk. Follow the instructions from the NPMO Document and Information Manager in this regard.
Main Challenges of Job
- Build relationships with Directors, Managers and Staff to ensure the team understands importance of the NPMO Document and Records Management framework and ECMS implementation.
- Champion best practice and strive to continuously improve Entity Information Management processes, procedures, tools, and ECMS functionality.
- Be ready to perform the responsibilities of a Document Supervisor/Specialist/Controller if required.
- Minimum of 15 years’ practical document/records/information management experience;
- Minimum of 10 years’ document/records/information management department management experience;
- Major project experience in the Infrastructure industries (Civil, Rail, Aviation)
- Industry and regulatory standards for record keeping and IP knowledge
- Strong proven super user level experience with using at least three globally known ECMSs
- Technical knowledge of industry document, records and content management systems;
- Methodical and analytical approach to work;
- Ability to analyse and solve problems;
- Proven work process mapping and procedures/guidelines/training material development
- Team player with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Positive “can do” attitude;
- Proven experience with typical Microsoft office applications, such as Word, Power Point, Excel and Visio
- A Degree qualification in Information Management or a related subject.
- Proven experience in the delivery of the formal Document/Records Management and ECMS training programmes.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- iso 9001
About the company
Is the largest construction and civil engineering company in the United States, ranking as the 4th-largest privately owned company in the United States.