- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
EQ Synthetic Java Developer - 90191358
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:14 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
EQ Synthetic Java Developer
Prague, Czech Republic
We are looking for a strong java developer to help grow our strategic Synthetics platform, as we look to modernize legacy java swing gui ejb framework by introducing thin-clients based on Angular and SOA architecture REST API services which can be scaled for taking on more clients in equity prime finance business and helping our Barclays achieve its ambition of being a top-ranking investment banking firm. This gives unique opportunity to be part of initial phase development to build base for new initiatives to grow in future.
As wallet share is set to increase in this business, there are several opportunities and hence we are looking for technology personnel to take on the challenges to implement and be part of multiple initiatives of managing future growth and current high volumes of trade processing, position management in building fast and stable solutions. We are a global team with passionate set of individuals working as a close knit team to deliver firm’s objectives; the team size is 30-strong with 5 in Prague location. We continue to grow and opportunities exist to advance and lead as we deliver. The person fulfilling this role will be responsible for designing, developing, enhancing and maintaining the various components of our strategic platform.
What will you be doing?
• Design and develop business and non-functional features in Java technologies
• Work closely with the global development team
• Learn the Equity Synthetics business and regulations
• Liaise with business analysts and operations to understand the requirements
• Follow well organized and tight development processes utilizing Agile/Scrum and test- driven development principles to ensure high code quality and 0-defect strategy
• Use dev toolsets such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, TeamCity
• Ensure consistent high code quality through unit and integration testing
• Work closely with QA and Support teams throughout the project phases
• Help application support teams to investigate production issues and do improvements to make the platform stable, maintainable and resilient
• Work within a globally distributed teams to deliver changes in the application.
• Work with business analysts and Traders to clarify requirements and to solicit feedback on the system. In addition, the candidate should be a self-starter who can drive to clarify designs and requirements if they are insufficiently detailed.
What we’re looking for:
• Strong experience in Java advanced concepts and OOP patterns
• Good experience in working on Relational databases (eg: SQL Server)
• Good understanding of Client Server, J2EE, App Servers (eg: Jboss), technologies such as Linux, Maven, JMS, Spring, GIT
• Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in working with a diverse team spread across the globe
• Understanding of middleware technologies, such as Solace / MQ / TIBCO RV
• Agile development (Scrum methodology)
• Web Development experience in AngularJS, Openfin
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking company in the world. Over the years, we have come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances; whether it was the first credit card issued in Great Britain or the first ATM machine, we have always been trying to push the banking business a little further. Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.