- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Brand: Estée Lauder Companies
About Estée Lauder Companies
ELC (Estée Lauder Companies) is a global leader in prestige beauty that delights consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. They are the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skin care, fragrance and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25 brands sold in 150 countries. Infused throughout their organization is a passion for creativity and innovation; a desire to push the boundaries and invent the unexpected.
The Global Legal Services Paralegal – Marketing will deliver high quality support to the business in collaboration with the ELC Legal team in Panama, New York and the Regions. The Paralegal will primarily be responsible for supporting the Global Legal Marketing team (including SVP, Deputy General Counsel) in both day to day and medium term marketing projects. This position will provide commercial and regulatory support on the company’s marketed products, as well as support on issues relating to the company’s product development programs and pipelines in the U.S. Industry knowledge is desirable. This role requires a strong understanding of marketing and advertising limitations and regulations, preferably relating to cosmetics, and beauty products.
Excellent opportunity to learn about many aspects of cosmetic manufacture and marketing throughout the world; Join a diverse and large global legal group comprised of attorneys, regulatory professionals and paralegals at one of the largest cosmetics company in the world; Interact with important facets of a premier, publicly-traded multi-national company; Develop existing and new skillsets which will be helpful for both an in-house or firm legal career; and receive mentorship from experienced attorneys.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the ELC legal teams in Panama, New York and the Regions.
- Assist with the review of advertising and promotional materials, training materials, press releases and similar pieces
- Support of advertising related litigation and challenges.
- Provide legal support to commercial business with respect to Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act and related regulations, fair market valuations, and consumer fraud laws, in connection with advertising and marketing content and activities.
- Review advertising claims against R&D testing, clinical testing
- Position based at ELC’s OneSource Legal Shared Services Center in Panama.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Spanish is required.
- Experience working in a Shared Services environment, or working with remote teams required.
- Health, beauty, fashion industry experience is a plus
- At least 3 years of regulatory, compliance, legal, or marketing experience at firm or company
- Experience working with consumer products, managing databases checking advertising and marketing claims
- Ability to manage a diverse array of legal business matters pertaining to the organization
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
- A high degree of attention to detail and organization
- Ability to create and manage databases
- Ability to form strong relationships with business leaders and serve as a counterpart to global legal team.
- Willingness to learn through asking questions and direct instruction from attorneys, regulatory professionals and outside counsel
- High emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment with a diverse workforce.
- Strong project management skills and organizational skills.
- Effectively communicates, exercises good judgment in decision making, understands and synthesizes complex issues.
- Strong technical skills with experience in Microsoft Office 365 and workflow management systems.
- University studies at an US University is a plus.
- Thinks Strategically: Takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate and plan for the future. Identifies the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and management systems are required.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships: Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
- Demonstrates Learning Agility: Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
- Strives for Excellence in Execution: Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.
- JD or Paralegal Certification preferred, or local equivalent
- Travel time:
- Studies at an US University is a plus
- ms project