- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
HOTEL OR ENTITY
Grand Mercure Wellington
City Wellington State North Island Region/Country New Zealand
Mainly situated in the Asia Pacific region, Grand Mercure is a network of properties renowned for their individuality and the quality of the guest experience. From ski chalets and historic country manor houses to spacious apartments in outstanding locations, Grand Mercure encompasses hotels and apartments in prime city and country locations. Each stands apart due to the space, quality and comfort offered - and each one is original, expressing the spirit of their region.
Discover the hotel
Job Level Job
Fixed-term contract: No
Status Full Time
Anticipated Start Date 13-11-2018
Selena Glen firstname.lastname@example.org
04 495 1083
Level of Education
Areas of study
1 to 2 years
ESSENTIAL AND OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The cost effective management of the kitchen team to maximise Food and Beverage profitability. The overseeing the food preparation, production and implementation of menus which are designed to deliver innovative, safe food and does so by meeting market / customer needs and falls within budgeted guidelines are the main considerations.
• Management and leadership of the hotel kitchen team.
• Management of the restaurant, room service, and conference food service operations on a day-to-day basis.
• Create a true multi site kitchen facility that use the collective people, and equipment resources efficiently to meet the needs of respective food outlets.
• Meet and where possible exceed customer and guest expectations, enabling the Food & Beverage operation of the hotel to be recognised as a purveyor of consistent, quality and value for money cuisine.
• Respond to any changes in food styles and service trends as dictated by the market (hotel / customers)
• Ensure food standards, preparation, presentation and cooking techniques are established and monitored to meet Brand Standard guidelines and maintained at that level. Work with the kitchen teams and take corrective action where appropriate, and within company guidelines, if standards are not met.
• Ensure the highest possible standard of hygiene is practiced and maintained by the entire F&B Service team to meet Health & Safety regulations and HACCP food preparation guidelines.
• Cultivate a positive work environment where learning and personal development are benchmarks by which quality improvement is driven.
• Liaise with the Restaurant and Bar Manager / Supervisors and the Conference Sales Manager / Conference Coordinator keeping the lines of communication open between the departments, extend this to other departments in the hotel.
• Co-ordination of the stewarding team to meet the kitchen’s requirements.
• Adherence to Emergency Communication procedures ensuring that enquiries from the media are only responded to by the nominated spokesperson
• Any other duties assigned by your Manager.
• Strive to implement the Accor Asia Pacific Service Vision and demonstrate active use of the Accor Values.
GRAND MERCURE AND ITS PEOPLE
At Grand Mercure we care about your career. We understand that for you, the art of hospitality is not just a job but a profession so the training you will receive will be world-class.
APPLY TO THIS VACANCY
About the company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,100 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.