- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Fin Rep & Analysis Manager (Derivatives and Securitization)Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website.
The Capital Markets Accounting Operations Center of Excellence was established to bring the controller activities into one centralized team within the Controllers division that delivers expertise on anything and everything that touches the ledger. This team focuses on reconciliations and controls on fixed income, securities, and derivatives for Traded Products. The group performs reconciliations of books and records across Well Fargo Securities supporting the corporate general ledger, stock record, depositories, custodial positions, and SEC/regulatory reporting.
About the Role
The Derivatives Accounting & Reporting Team is responsible for complex accounting processes related to derivatives such as:
- balance sheet netting
- classification and presentation of derivatives on the balance sheet for consolidated companies and individual legal entities
- elimination entries between affiliates, and
- calculation of certain notional balances on derivative contracts
In order to perform these accounting processes, the team compiles derivatives and foreign-denominated asset and liability data from several sources and reconciles this data to ensure that is complete and accurate using a combination of manual and automated procedures. After the data is reconciled and the accounting entries are recorded, the team then applies the technical accounting requirements to this data and uses the accounting records to prepare certain regulatory filings on a timely and accurate basis. This work effort requires derivative and foreign denominated financial instrument product knowledge, as well as an understanding of the technical accounting requirements related to derivatives accounting, balance sheet netting and consolidation and foreign denominated financial instruments. It also requires the ability to review and interpret regulatory reporting instructions and the ability to review and assess processes and controls. The team also has responsibility for composing business requirements documents that prescribe the technology requirements required to implement production enhancements to reduce the level of manual intervention in the accounting and reporting processes.
- This individual will lead a group of 7 - 10 team members that are responsible for the compilation and critical review of derivatives and foreign-denominated asset and liability information that is included in SEC and regulatory filings
- This requires an ability to evaluate complex reporting requirements, the ability to define the data elements required to satisfy the reporting requirements and in some cases, to perform complex calculations on accounting information to generate the requested derivatives information
- The individual is also expected to possess strong analytical skills and a sound understanding of control requirements over financial reporting. Experience in data analytics and accounting for derivatives is desired
- The role involves close work with specialists in other accounting operations groups, enterprise risk, and enterprise technology
- The ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate effectively is an asset
- This individual is a significant contributor to the team's objectives to improve the data quality and the efficiency of the external reporting processes
- They will lead training initiatives, act as a product knowledge resource, and coordinate closely with other operational accounting functions and compliance teams across the organization
Market Skills and Certifications
- In addition, this individual will be the primary point of contact for business units on various projects and will be responsible for recruiting, retaining and developing talented team members through continuous coaching and allocation of work assignments
- The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple deliverables at one-time, can prioritize and communicate effectively, and is able to work to meet tight deadlines and adapt in a changing environment
- Must be a graduate of Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or any Business related field; preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Must have 7+ years of relevant experience in consolidation accounting, balance sheet netting, foreign currency accounting and general accounting for derivative contracts
- Big 4 public accounting experience with minimum of 2 years people management experience
- Experience in SEC and regulatory reporting (FR Y-9C, FFIEC 009, FFIEC 031/041, FR Y-15, FR2436, TIC reports, FR-Y2900, FFIEC 030)
- SQL experience
- Ability to re-engineer accounting and reporting processes to gain efficiencies and to enhance controls
- Ability to define, implement, and manage best practice processes that support sound data management operations (i.e. testing, data analysis, metadata, reconciliation)
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used to: plan, conduct, and direct the analysis of complex business problems
- Demonstrated knowledge of month-end general ledger close process
- Demonstrated knowledge general ledger and system-to-system accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledge and understanding of financial products: fixed income securities, derivatives and foreign exchange (DQO0005782)
- Ability to incorporate multiple data sources and develop strategies/operational processes (Calypso, GMI, Endur, Broadridge, Wall Street, CFMA-LIMBE, OPICS, FACS, Midas Plus, Hogan, CoRS) (DQO0004592)
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) skills (DQO0004932)
- Microsoft Visio experience (DQO0004173)
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical skills with ability to apply critical judgment and come up with effective decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proficiency for detailed documentation with ability to validate work
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ability to maximize use of formulas and functions to streamline reporting needs
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment and perform under pressure with a high motivation and able to meet stringent deadlines with strong sense of urgency and results and detail orientation
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute a body of work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional research, data entry and exception handling skills
- Flexibility to work in night shifts, or weekends/holidays if deemed necessary by the business
- Possess an impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency and business acumen
- Good command on Coaching, training and mentoring
- Candidates must be willing to work in night shifts (4:00AM to 1:00PM), or weekends/holidays if deemed necessary by the business
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.