- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
New Zealand - Auckland, Auckland
Our New Zealand team is recruiting an experienced Finance Business Partner to play a strategic role in providing financial insight, direction and guidance to our Buildings & Places business unit. In this position you will be an influencer as you drive the strategic financial understanding of business performance, working capital performance and financial project delivery. Through fostering relationships with the Group Directors and the senior team you will impact financial awareness and acumen throughout the business as we deliver on some of New Zealand’s largest city shaping projects.
- Monitor financial performance of projects, conduct project reviews to identify risks and implement plans to mitigate risks
- Report on performance, market analysis, identifying areas of growth
- Identify areas of working capital requiring focus and proactively work with stakeholders to resolve issues and drive improvement
- Influence contract commercial framework for major projects, ensuring revenue recognition and invoicing aligns with the commercial framework
- Commercial input to tenders, including costing and development of pricing models
- Develop innovative solutions that are actionable, add value and contribute to driving profitable growth
- Collaborate with Group Director and Project Managers to ensure the delivery of P&L financial plan, identify risks to the plan, and opportunities to mitigate.
- Assist the business in understanding their likely future business performance based on results and historical trends
- Previous experience in a finance partnering role, with demonstrated experience developing relationships with operational leaders (and other internal/external clients) and influencing business decisions and outcomes
- Previous experience working in a project environment within engineering, construction or related industries preferable but isn’t essential
- Demonstrated strong commercial business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change and adapt quickly to a rapidly changing working environment
- This role is suitable for a professional who prides themselves on delivering exceptional customer service and support whilst driving business performance and outcomes.
- Suited to a candidate with a few years PQE.
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent
- Accounting/Commerce/Finance degree or similar
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Business Line Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country New Zealand
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230566BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project