- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
FIS Front Arena is a leading global provider of financial software. We build systems for financial trading, risk management and position control. Our systems enable banks, hedge funds and other financial institutions to make critical decisions with confidence, execute their orders and follow up their positions. Independent of what asset class being traded; whether it is stock, commodities, rates or currencies, or whether it’s done through an exchange or over the counter, we’ve got it covered. But that’s just parts of it. We support the whole process from sell-side to buy-side, front-to-back.
What you will be doing
As a developer you will be challenged with the design and development of both new and current solutions. The development is done using C++, but also in Python and our in-house programming language Arena Data Flow Language which is specialized for high performance financial calculations. You will work closely together with both junior and senior developers as well as market experts in the FinTech field. Your work will be in direct contact with our clients such as banks and hedge funds world-wide and your impact on their ability to conduct trading will matter. You will work in an agile process together with 10 development scrum teams on one large software solution and you will be given a chance to learn how large-scale software development is managed.
What you bring
As a candidate for this role you are required to have:
- M Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics, Industrial Engineering and Management or similar degree
- 0-5 years of experience in system development
- Knowledge in Object-oriented language preferably C++
- An interest in financial markets
- A great interest in developing sustainable solutions with focus on quality and performance
- Have a big appetite for learning and like sharing your own knowledge with others
- Have strong analytical thinking with an attitude that problems are to be solved
Added bonus if you:
- Have worked with unit testing (GoogleTest or other)
- Have knowledge of modern C++ standards such as C++11, C++14 or C++17
- Have experience using MS Visual Studio
- Have experience coding in Python
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Partake in our social, friendly and diverse office culture
We will offer you financial challenges, where understanding customer requirements and solving problems is a key part. We believe that the best solutions are built if you can be proud of what you produce hence we are continuously working on improvements as well as innovations.
To apply for this job, select 'Sweden' from the country list after clicking on the "Apply now" button.