- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Abbott,we’recommittedtohelpingyouliveyourbest possiblelifethroughthepowerofhealth.Formorethan125years, we’vebroughtnewproductsandtechnologies totheworld-- in nutrition,diagnostics,medicaldevicesandbranded genericpharmaceuticals--thatcreatemorepossibilities formorepeopleat allstagesoflife.Today, 99,000ofusareworking tohelppeoplelivenot justlonger,butbetter, inthemorethan150countriesweserve.
In Zwolle a R&D Technology Center is situated for product development. A new capability for the Zwolle R&D is flavor development, for which we are recruiting for the duration of 4-6months;
Interim Flavor Development Scientist
The interim flavor development scientist will be part of the global R&D organization. We are looking for a candidate with experience in flavor application and/or dairy industry. The role will report into the Senior Sensory and Flavor Technology scientist, works in close cooperation with the Product Development Scientists and other Flavor and Sensory Scientists in
Zwolle, Columbus (USA) and Singapore.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Gather, assimilate, and disseminate flavor trend information to brand teams.
- Identify ideal/target sensory profile for the final product using competitor product and market product category review from internal sensory department or flavor industry partners.
- Consult/collaborate with Product Developers to create a base which allows desired taste profile to be achieved.
- Write project briefs and engage with flavor suppliers on projects.
- Plan and coordinate research runs and experiments with other members of R&D.
- Contribute to base product organoleptic improvement research projects.
- Compose flavor systems which best mask deficits of the base product and create a full balanced experience of the named flavor.
- Identify color and sweetener systems that meet appearance and sweetness objectives.
- Request country suitability reviews of flavor formulations and maintain databases of information to flavor composition and regulatory compliance.
- Issue pre-replicate flavor recommendations to product development teams.
- Coordinate new commodity approval process for flavor, color, sweetener ingredients. Educational background and Work Experience
- MS Food Science/Chemistry or other relevant scientific field or BS in Food Science/Chemistry with 5+ years progressive and practical related experience sufficient to demonstrate equivalency.
- Technical experience with the application of flavors, colors, and sweeteners in consumer products (nutritional products a plus).
- No taste or smell dysfunctions or food allergies.
- Experience in interpretation of sensory data.
- Ability to serve multiple clients and adapt to various working styles.
- Excellent communication skills (Dutch and English, verbal and in writing) What can we offer you?
Abbott provides a varied, challenging and international position in a dynamic and pleasant working environment. In our organization, you can count on a positive working atmosphere. We are in the business of advancement, both in health solutions and in the lives and careers of our employees. Our work across the world and in many areas of healthcare provides a rich environment for our employees to explore career paths, interests and opportunities.
How to apply?
If you are appealed by Abbott, looking for a job with meaning and recognize yourself in the outlined profile, please make your interest known. You can apply via our website (https://www.jobs.abbott/) with your resume and letter of application. Please let
us know if you have any questions referring this job profile to Suzan Zandbergen or Esther Kuil; email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more at www.abbottcareers.com
Connect with us:
An equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled), Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
- ms project