- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Peter Port
Investigating fraud, bribery and corruption, financial crime – it’s just another day at the office for our Forensic Technology experts.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Forensic Technology practice. We work with both UK and global Deloitte partners to undertake a wide range of fraud, corruption and regulatory investigations. We also help our clients harness technology to identify and address related challenges in a variety of industries.
As the leading company for global forensic and dispute advisory services, we’re constantly sought out by high-profile organisations who need to perform extensive, complex and often urgent investigations into their business operations and data. Our rapidly growing analytics team comprises a group of specialists drawn from a wide range of different professional and technical backgrounds. We apply our combined skills and experience to find new ways of solving our clients’ most complex data and analysis challenges.
The scope of our work, which ranges from developing technical solutions to advising clients and helping them to proactively manage their own risks, means that you will find numerous opportunities to grow your own portfolio of skills and excel at what you do best. Away from project work, we offer both formal and informal support for continuous professional development, to accelerate your career progression within a rapidly growing team.
You can expect to manage challenging, client-facing projects and be actively involved in growing our business from day one. You will work directly with our clients to understand the challenges they face and design, propose and deliver solutions that address them. In between projects you will use your constantly growing experience to identify and secure new business opportunities for our team. Join us and you’ll be joining a growing team of multi-disciplinary, technically excellent and highly motivated people.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Using cutting edge technology you’ll work alongside colleagues, often in multi-disciplinary teams, helping to solve our clients’ most significant challenges. In particular, as a Transaction Monitoring Specialist you will work on a wide range of Financial Crime projects, helping our clients to use analytics and technology to meet their obligations under national and international regulations.
Leading a small project team you will help to find solutions for clients on projects typically driven by compliance and risk problems, mainly in the financial crime and regulatory fields. You will work directly with our clients to understand the challenges they face and design, propose and deliver solutions that address them.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Scoping the delivery of projects, working closely with clients and other project stakeholders to understand their requirements;
- Providing subject matter expertise (SME) to our Financial Crime team including in the area of Transaction Monitoring solutions;
- Provide analysis support to stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of a project to ensure business requirements are delivered appropriately;
- Define project plans and task breakdowns, providing completion estimates and project timetables;
- Contributing to the firm’s talent agenda, managing and working effectively in diverse teams and helping to foster an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution;
- Supporting the ambition of the team to be the leading forensic analytics experts in the UK and beyond, through growing the team to enable development of a broad range of quality client relationships across all industries and through the adoption of both cutting-edge and well-established technologies;
- Managing the quality and accuracy of your team’s work and addressing risks as they arise. Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London or St. Albans with a requirement for national and international travel for specific client projects. We work across various industries – our clients are wide-ranging, and associated projects will vary in both location and duration.
Suggested work pattern: This is a permanent role with options for flexible working. At times work may be required outside standard office hours in order to meet the needs of our clients.
Your professional experience
- Transaction Monitoring and/or broader Financial Crime domain expertise and/or technical knowledge acquired from a Business Analyst perspective, whilst working in a functional role on a surveillance type project (e.g. Transaction Monitoring or Conduct Surveillance);
- Experience and knowledge of business analysis principles, methodologies and tools across both Waterfall and Agile projects;
- A desire to understand business problems and to evaluate the results of your work in a business context;
- Experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with business stakeholders;
- Ability to work with and lead project teams, helping to motivate team members;
- Supporting the development of colleagues through mentoring and knowledge sharing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that you can adapt to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Contribution to or development of proposals and propositions for internal or external clients. Preferred:
- Experience of working in or working on projects in regulated industries, particularly financial services;
- Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications (including compliance experience as a practitioner and/or Financial Crime compliance qualifications (e.g. ICA or ACAMS or equivalent));
- Experience of working on projects for external clients; Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people unders
- customer service
- ms project