- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a Gameplay Programmer you will ensure the playability of the game (the link between the player’s actions, character’s behaviours, and the consequences on the evolution of the game).
• Analyze and understand the game design documents in order to define the required functionalities and the game systems that must be developed in the engine;
• Analyse existing functionalities in the engine and determine if they meet project requirements. If necessary, define how to adapt them in order to better meet game requirements;
• Suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems or modifying existing systems;
• Collaborate with game designers/level designers/animators so as to discuss the constraints and establish the technical possibilities of the various gameplay functions;
• Determine the conditions that will lead to actions based on commands;
• Implement and optimize the controls and interaction systems so that gameplay is fluid;
• Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems fulfill the intentions of the project and are coherent with the existing code. Ensure that the implementation of the controls and game systems provide the player with the experience that the design and/creative director had envisioned;
• Work repetitively and involve designers when implementing new functions;
• Work with people from other crafts in developing the tools required to efficiently make the necessary gameplay adjustments;
• Support the functions and gameplay systems designed by production;
• Seek out and correct the gameplay bugs identified by the production and quality control teams;
• Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users (programmers and people from other tasks) to understand how the new systems and gameplay functions work;
• Carry out all other related tasks.
• Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
• Ability to understand and take into account user needs;
• Ability to take initiative;
• Ability to solve problems;
• Analytical ability and synthesis capability;
• Be flexible in organizing work;
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Ability to adapt to change;
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.