- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
General Insurance Product Expert - Retail Banking and Wealth Management : 0000DW0D
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as General Insurance Product Expert.
- As a specialist in general insurance such as Medical Insurance, Travel Insurance and Mortgage related insurance, fire insurance, home content, etc.
- Support General Banking Officer and Premier Relationship Officer to obtain internal accreditation and external licenses
- Use structural development plans to help frontline staff to learn and grow, and facilitate coaching sessions in groups or on one to one basis
- Assist frontline staff in client meetings when necessary, to help identify clients’ general insurance needs and make suitable recommendations
- Effectively conduct training to advise frontline staff on product knowledge, end to end process including needs discovery, objection handling, from application to policy approval, quality assurance and skillset
- Pre and after sales support, including potential joint calls meeting for new joiners
- Partner with frontline managers to identify and manage product specific needs
- Provide frontline perspectives to Team Head of General Insurance Product Expert and product teams on development of products and associated processes or tools, to improve client satisfaction and outcome
- Help identify competitive gaps, service issues, business opportunities, and challenges to share with stakeholders
- Work with other parts of the bank to ensure customers needs are identified and surpassed
- Ensure all processes and procedures are accurate and in accordance with compliance policy and regulatory requirements
- Tertiary or university level education, preferably in finance, business or a related discipline
- Solid experience as a product specialist
- Strong capabilities to identify clients’ needs and provide need-based solutions with high standard customer experience
- Deep knowledge of general insurance products and regulatory requirement relevant to the products
- Extensive awareness on external market conditions, updated product solutions, and current financial market situations
- Excellent presentation, coaching, communication and motivational skills
- Good level of verbal English and Cantonese, with Putonghua preferred
- Insurance licenses required
- Professional accreditation or other relevant qualification an advantage
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
: Branch and Retail Banking
: Asia Pacific-Hong Kong-Kowloon-Kowloon City
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 04-Dec-2019, 09:50:36 Unposting Date
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.