- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18034392
- This position reports to South Asia Head of Private Bank Compliance Asia-Pac.
Job responsibilities include specifically:
- Providing proactive and effective Line of Business compliance support to the private banking business in South Asia with a primary focus on the activities conducted out of Singapore.
- Building effective relationships with regulators in Singapore, and managing regulatory reporting, onsite audits and regulatory enquiries, in respect of private banking related matters and in coordination with Country Compliance as needed.
- Developing and implementing compliance programs to analyze, monitor and control regulatory risks.
- Working closely with the private banking business and control functions on providing product and regulatory subject matter expertise to support key business initiatives and implementation of regulatory initiatives.
- Responsible for the development, ownership, and maintenance of certain policies, procedures and controls to assist the business in meeting its compliance risk management obligations, and for reviewing policies, procedures and standards adopted by the business and other control groups for compliance with law and minimum standards.
- University degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Law or similar disciplines
- Preferably with minimum of 5 years' relevant financial industry experience, especially with a Singapore regulatory, legal or compliance background.
- Strong knowledge of Singapore Banking, Securities and Financial Advisory laws and regulations, experience in interacting with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and in private banking industry preferred.
- Analytically minded, and ability to work and make decisions under time pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective team player with the ability to proactively engage business and control function colleagues at all levels.