- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Group Leader and Associate Professor to Protein Memory Program
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Centre for Protein Research is committed to attract and facilitate the development of young independent investigators in our unique environment. With this call we wish to recruit a Group Leader to become part of our newly established research program Protein Memory. We offer a 5-year position with possibility of non-time limited extension pending successful peer review, starting in 2021.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR) (www.cpr.ku.dk) was established in 2007 at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, to promote basic and applied research on human proteins of medical relevance. CPR spans broad areas of protein research, ranging from structural and mechanistic understanding of proteins and their cellular functions in chromatin biology and genome maintenance, to development of clinical applications of proteomics and systems biology. The Centre is structured into five complementary research programs: Proteomics, Protein Structure and Function, Protein Signalling, Disease Systems Biology and Protein Memory, each of which is supported by dedicated technology platforms.
Protein Memory Program
The Protein Memory Program aims to explore protein function in epigenetic cell memory and genome regulation. The Protein Memory Program was established in 2020 to expand the research portfolio of CPR and foster synergies with the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Biology (DanStem), housed in the same building. The program is directed by Professor Anja Groth and also coordinates the CPR/DanStem Genomics Platform.
Job description and responsibilities
We are looking for talented researchers that would develop and lead an innovative research group investigating fundamental questions in biology. We seek applicants in the area of chromatin biology, nuclear architecture and/or genome regulation with a mechanistic research angle and an interest in cell fate decisions across development and disease. The ideal candidate should be complementary to the current interests and expertise in the Protein Memory Program and with a high potential to integrate within the other CPR programs through interdisciplinary projects.
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments Required qualifications
The ideal candidate should be able to document:
- PhD degree followed by at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience in epigenetics, chromatin biology, DNA replication, chromosome organization and/or transcriptional regulation.
- Expertise in genomics and bioinformatics, advanced imaging approaches and/or single molecule technologies.
- Commitment to asking creative research questions in the broad field of genome function and organization.
- Scientific problem-solving skills and an established publication track record in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Eligibility for, and desire to expand the proposed research program through prestigious external grants such as the European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant, Novo Nordisk Foundation Young Investigator Award, and others.
- Teaching qualifications and pedagogical competencies
- Experience with research-based teaching The successful candidate is also required to have:
- Good communication skills
- An interactive spirit and strong interest in collaborating with colleagues across research groups and programs. See also the University’s overall criteria for recognising merit for assistant professors at https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/criteria-for-recognising-merit/
What we offer
CPR offers a 5-year position with freedom to develop a research team of international standing in your area, with possible non-time limited extension pending the outcome of a transparent peer review process applied across all CPR programs. CPR is committed to ensure and continuously develop an excellent, interdisciplinary and diverse scientific environment, with a strong collaborative spirit within and across programs. We provide a competitive package with group leader salary, lab and office space, and free access to our state-of-the-art technological platforms. CPR and the Program Director will support the investigator in applying for external funding to expand their group operation. We will also provide mentoring and administrative support to promote an independent and productive research career. The position and period for peer review is extended in case of parental leave.
CPR is a highly international environment with English as the main language. We are located in central Copenhagen, a city with one of the highest qualities of life in the world and excellent conditions for families in addition to a vibrant and highly interactive research environment. The CPR and the University of Copenhagen has a strong focus on balancing professional life with a family-friendly working environment.
Terms of employment
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations.
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2019.
For further information, please contact Program Director Anja Groth (email@example.com) or Program coordinator Zuzana Jasencakova (firstname.lastname@example.org). International applicants may find this link useful http://www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Motivation letter including synopsis of past scientific achievements (Maximum 2 pages)
- Visionary 5-year research plan (Maximum 5 pages)
- Curriculum vitae and complete list of publications
- Diplomas (copies of Master’s, PhD, and other relevant certificates)
- Outline of potential research-based teaching activities (supervision, courses)
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio) The
About the company