- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
GT ITS-Threat Inteligence-Threat HunterThreat Hunting provides a proactive and iterative function for finding deep, persistent threats that may not be detected by traditional security stacks. This role functions in a team, but often will work independently to provide a constant stream of information to meet analyst cyber security requirements.
Key Responsibilities *
- Actively develop hunts, translate them into an iterative process, and deploy them in numerous EDR solutions.
- React to EDR based alerts.
- Develop and mature new and existing solutions for threat hunting detection capabilities.
- Fully document and communicate findings to an array of audiences which includes both technical and executive teams.
- Make recommendations regarding the selection of cost-effective security controls to mitigate risk (e.g., protection of information, systems and processes).
- Work with our Threat Intelligence team to develop IOCs for specific cyber threat actors or groups and to understand their tactics, techniques and procedures
- Monitor and analyze cybercrime threat reports for CIMB or APT groups to proactively create IOCs for Threat Hunting
- Collaborate with other cyber Threat Hunters based on developed SME area
- Collaborate with Cybersecurity and Incident Response team to provide targeted Threat hunting reports for ongoing engagements based on work performed on the client enterprise
- Use a wide variety of Threat Intelligence tools and websites, including the dark web
- Provide customized reports and research for cybersecurity services clients
- Provide targeted and actionable Threat Hunting reports for Group Techology
(Basic Degree/Diploma etc)
Bachelor's Degree or Professional Qualification in the relevant discipline (IT / Computer Science)
Professional Qualification and/or Regulatory, Licensing requirements
- Security certifications e.g. CISSP, EC-Council, SANS, etc are preferred.
- Network certifications e.g. CCNA, CCNP, etc are added advantages
Relevant Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in IT security, preferably in IT/Cyber security monitoring, incident response, threat intelligence analysis role of a banking environment
Required Competencies and Skills *
(Essential to succeed in this job)
- 3+ years of work experience in one or more of the following roles: SOC Analyst, Cyber Threat Hunter, Cyber Crime investigations, Cyber Threat Analysis, Cyber Threat Campaign Tracking.
- Understanding of common operating systems and IT Infrastructure such as Windows, Unix/Linux, Active Directory, firewalls, proxies, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong organization, prioritization, and rationalization skills.
Personal skills (Soft Competencies [Core/Leadership])
- Highly results-oriented and can work independently.
- Ability to build relationships and interact effectively with internal and external parties.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work effectively as a team.
- Good analytical, technical, written and verbal communication skills.
Travel Requirements (if any)
(Incl typical Destinations and Duration)
Travel within Klang Valley
- active directory