- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
• Set and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the FCIIU AME, consistent with the vision and strategy for FCC and in support of the Group's strategic direction and growth aspirations.
• Develop and keep up to date appropriate policies/processes/ DOIs to faciliate effective goverategy]rnance over FCIIU operations, aligning with Group FCIIU across intelligence and investigations.
• Ensure implementation of FCC policies and procedures as applicable to FCIIU.
• Manage and/or resolve cases.
People and Talent
• Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
• Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
• Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
• Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
• Ensure FCIIU AME is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support sustainable business growth and address financial crime risks.
• Ensure staff in FCIIU AME have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
• Provide subject matter expertise on Financial Crime Intelligence, drawing on financial intelligence and law enforcement networks, professional qualifications and experience.
• Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
• Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
• Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
• Analyse significant financial crime risk events (e.g. SAR's, non-compliant transactions, production orders) to ensure that all connected parties, particularly cross-border are identified and reported at the appropriate levels internally as well as externally across all relevant jurisdictions.
• Identify intelligence for typology studies and risk mitigation plans.
• Identify financial crime risk indicators through various internal/external sources and the media; map and assess those risks, quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary. Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of financial crime risks identification and assessment methodologies.
• Partner with legal counsels for advice on technical matters.
• Ensure that significant investigations are concluded internally and externally where relevant (including cross-border).
• Provide investigative expertise to support management of Significant Regulatory/Legal cases.
• Manage end-to-end financial crime client reviews initiated by external sources (regulators, agencies, authorities or other external organisation), and internal events as applicable.
• Ensure remedial actions (eg Regulatory reporting, client exits, additions to watchlists) are recommended, approved by applicable FCC personnel and implemented,
• Conduct a root cause analysis on the control/other failures to ensure lessons are learned across the bank.Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies.
• Provide intelligence inputs to support calibration of bank's Risk Methodologies (including aggregate client risk, product risk and country risk assessments).
• Attend relevant leadership meetings.
• Support senior oversight of FCC AME.
• In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
• Prepare and cascade lessons learned from investigations as applicable.
• Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the AME FCIIU team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.]
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in FCIIU AME.
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.