- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
Head, Fiduciary & Fund Services Operations, Securities Services About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Head of Fiduciary & Fund Services Operations primary focus is on setting standards for Execution, Risk, Control and Service Delivery for Securities Services global footprint for Funds & Fiduciary services. The Fiduciary & Fund Services Operations Head plays a critical role in the definition of Strategy together with the Product head on the business side as well as identifying opportunities to standardise and eliminate.
The role requires extensive collaboration with regional and country functions such as Sales, Client Management, and Product Management to drive change in the local country teams when it comes to identifying opportunities for improvements, enhancements and automation and elimination. The jobholder is a member of the Global Securities Services Operations management team.
This role has supervisory responsibilities and the Bank's supervisory principles must be followed.
- Partnering with Fiduciary & Fund Services product management to define functional and product strategy and selecting best paths for execution and support
- Participate in selected market advisory forums to position and promote the perspective and objectives of Standard Chartered Bank (SCB), seeking to enhance market process and practice;
- Participate in Regulatory/ Market Infrastructure meetings to communicate SCB and clients' perspectives on existing and proposed change;
- Execute against agreed strategic developments and projects and documented plans to deliver against schedule;
- Identifying areas in countries to automate or eliminate and driving continuous change in countries in line with business strategic goals
- Driving consistency in countries across processes, governance, prioritisation and ensuring they comply policies
- Monitor and manage budget and resources to agreed plan;
- Oversee new business execution ensuring robust practice applied by sales, implementation, and operations;
- Attend Client visits (including due diligence) to ensure client proposition is understood and resulting actions are taken to improve service delivery;
- Partner with Countries and Transaction Banking (TB) Sales to ensure the key services are being performed to the standard required. Alignment to TB growth targets and creating an agenda which mirrors the aims of the Product & Solutions and Delivery team
- Monitors client service standards by Operations staff to ensure high-quality operational and client support services are provided in all countries;
- Acts as escalation point for country level operational issues - identifies remedial solutions and oversees timely, efficient implementation when required;
- Works closely with SSO country heads (SSOH) to ensure operational platforms support client service level agreements and internal benchmark as well as identifying opportunities for automation;
- Proactively works with SSO country heads (SSOH) to ensure development of pool of knowledgeable, mobile operations staff;
- Champions the identification and implementation of operational best practice across markets within region and with other regions;
- Drives continuous improvement culture to maximise cost and processing efficiency
- Ensures compliance with group and country policies, code of conduct, regulations, and laws;
- Work with SSO country heads (SSOH) to support group and corporate requests in controlled and timely fashion;
- Review appropriate EORP, Audit, KCSA and CST issues raised to ensure quality and accuracy of wording, action and delivery dates; track and drive critical deliverables;
- Review, amendment and closure of risk, audit, and outstanding balance items with zero exceptions 30 days;
- Ensures Change Management processes are adhered to in country operations working through the Country Securities Services heads (SSOH);
- Updates global management in a timely manner on notable operational developments and issues in the region and drives the resolution of thematic client issues and process issues;
- Role models a strong, collaborative business relationship between SSO country operations and GBS locations. Maintains strong lines of communication with hubs through periodic townhall meetings;
- Supports "One Bank" through strong connectivity with support and sales functions and related businesses such as Cash, Trade, and Financial Markets.
People and Talent
- Develops and embeds a high-performance culture. Develops talent to ensure a high-quality succession pipeline. Drives improvement in people engagement. Ensures the team is resourced and trained sufficiently;
- Identifies opportunities for cross-border secondments and attachments to enhance skills of key talents;
- Leads through example and builds the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations from the Operations teams and works in collaboration with risk and control partners;
- Ensures that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles, with effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks;
- Periodically reviews team structure and capacity plans
- Understands the main risks facing the Group and identifies, assesses, monitors, controls and mitigates accordingly;
- Manages Operations Risk effectively, including identification, communication, and remediation of risks to the relevant forums;
- Accountability - no audit fails, full remediation/root cause analysis and execution for ops losses.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in countries and hubs to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes, and regulations;
- Aligns the Operations agenda to global and regional business strategies, to global standards and the technology roadmap;
- Actively participates as required in Regional and / or Global committee or working group meetings;
- Reviews effective governance, oversight, and controls in the business and, if necessary, respectfully challenges unsatisfactory arrangements and recommends changes;
- Works with regulators in an open and co-operative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead Global Fiduciary & Fund Services Operations teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Securities Services Technology & Operations Global Teams
- Country COOs
- GBS Operations Heads
- Operations Risk groups
- COO Functions
- TB Product & Sales, CIB Operations
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values across the department;
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures;
- Responsible for innovation concepts & opportunities within Securities Services Operations;
- Innovation opportunities: partner with various groups to identify and pursue innovation opportunities which can benefit the securities services business within SCB;
- Automation & digitisation: plan and execute operational enhancements to further automate business processes while identifying as yet, unknown opportunities for greater business efficiency and client services.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates
- Understanding of Fiduciary and Fund Services processes and key associated market risks
- Proven track record to quickly get up to speed on new areas, concepts and products
Business Strategy and Model:
- Strong understanding of the firm's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Track record in delivering large change programmes and continuous improvements with strong project hygiene and transparency
- Experience in developing, managing and refining strategy papers
Risk Management and Control:
- The ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them
- Financial Analysis and Control
- The ability to interpret the firm's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
Governance, Oversight and Controls:
- The ability to assess the effectiveness of the firm's arrangem
- ms project