- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG APAC Holdings Pte Ltd
Your future team
AIG’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG’s underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Reporting to the CEO of APAC and Global Head of Accident & Health, this position will develop and execute the regional Product Line strategy in accordance with the International product strategy, underwriting framework and pricing guardrails. This role will have accountability for regional talent management and overall responsibility for the regional Product P&L.
Your Contribution at AIG
As a People Manager and Senior Leader, you make the difference in an employee’s experience at work. Great managers provide direction, motivate and grow talent, and empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance. The quality of Senior Leadership is a defining factor for a company’s success. Senior Leaders are responsible for developing business strategies and/or translating those strategies into meaningful outcomes and ultimately, business results. As a Senior Leader, you reach across geographical and functional boundaries to create alliances that further the organization’s objectives and market position. Your deep and broad industry knowledge allows you to foresee external conditions that could potentially affect AIG’s future.
Lead $500m+ regional A&H business to deliver planned operating and financial results:
- Develop strategy with senior management
- Recruit and develop A&H country and functional leads
- Meet budget targets: NPW growth, C/R, L/R, A/R and GOE; NB, persistency
- Lead channel, product and market expansion
- Ensure regulatory and legal compliance across A&H operations
Move the organization forward via matrix and direct reports:
- Establish and leverage strong relationships with Regional and Country leadership
- Collaborate with technical and functional departments across the wider business
- Provide executive oversight for large projects and initiatives related to A&H
- Work with HR to develop top distribution, product and functional leaders
- Drive a culture that promotes results, collaboration, diversity and inclusion
Execute A&H plans and strategies across local markets:
- Develop major distribution partnerships with digital and traditional players
- Expand and manage both analogue and digital channels
- Broaden A&H customer base to target SMEs and key individual demographics
- Drive product pipeline with supplemental health, micro, hybrid and embedded products
- Work with functions and to build and deploy customer-centric propositions across marketing, sales, claim, payments service
Drive profitable production growth with A&H country and functional leadership:
- Oversee DDM targets, activity, monitoring
- Manage group new and renewal pipeline
- Supervise production underwriting activity
- Work with Actuarial to lead portfolio and rate reviews
- Agree and monitor corrective action plans
Provide appropriate tools and infrastructure to govern business:
- Library of existing coverages and products
- Tools to model, execute and track DDM campaigns and spend
- Use of raters at reginal and local level
- Actionable MI to support underwriting: exposure, retention, rates
- Pipeline, activity and workflow management
- Actuarial support and analysis to support portfolio reviews
- Underwriting authorities, audit schedules
Demonstrate understanding of regulatory and compliance processes and engage with non-client broker external stakeholders such as the Board and regulators, as required
What we’re looking for
- A commercial thinker with deep knowledge of insurance and financial services industry; an ability to determine how external changes or decisions will impact the company, and plan accordingly. Strong financial acumen; able to anticipate, identify, and explain the financial implications of decisions
- A strategic thinker and executer who develops a bold vision and distinct strategies that result in competitive advantage; an individual who also translates strategies into specific objectives and plans; and someone who understands the growth drivers of the business and prioritizes initiatives that will accelerate AIG’s momentum; an innovator and brand builder.
- A Global influencer who builds strategic relationships and alliances with key external stakeholders within and outside of Singapore, influencing decisions to advance the organization's objectives and enhance the growth potential of the company within the region.
- An AIG ambassador who will strengthen the AIG brand within the marketplace by representing AIG persuasively and effectively in high-stakes internal and external settings
- A collaborative people leader with a proven track record of managing cross border teams in a matrix organization, with the ability to influence and stakeholders across a wide geography.
Technical Skills and Expertise:
- Extensive experience in insurance leadership, including oversight over multiple products and geographies including P&L responsibility
- Deep expertise in A&H, expert technical underwriting background
- Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution
- Proven Strategic Leadership skills in developing vision and purpose, driving for results and leading effective teams
- Established strong relationships with customers, intermediaries, and regulators
- Demonstrated business savvy, analytical and quantitative skills
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.