- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
WHO WE ARE?
The Cisco High Touch Technical Support Datacenter Team is a group of highly skilled technical consulting engineers that provide technical support for Cisco Premium customers at a network level.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are currently looking for a Technical Consulting Engineer to join some of the industry's brightest minds in today's most advanced Internet technologies in the Data Center Switching environment. The role spans across different fields of Data Center and cover supporting latest technologies for the biggest Customers in Europe. This includes:
• Nexus platforms such as N3000, N5X00, N6000, N7000, N9000, FEX.
• STP, HSRP, vPC, FabricPath, OTV, VXLAN.
• Nexus Data Broker.
High Touch Technical Support engineer role also goes much beyond only troubleshooting – the engineer is expected to work proactively to prevent similar issues from occurring across other customer networks, mitigating problems before they occur.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Provide second or third line network level support for Data Center Switching products to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
• Act as a focal point for high impact, large account problem resolution.
• Work on challenging network problems that require excellent technical, analytical, troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
• Utilize moderate to complex laboratory setups to recreate and solve problems.
• Act as a customer champion to understand the customer's business, their expectations and unique perspective in order to build intimacy, satisfaction and prevent issues.
• Collaborate across the board with colleagues locally and entire global support team. Have a team impact and provide leadership to less experienced engineers.
• Attend ongoing technical training and work on assigned projects that will improve and further develop the success of the technology.
• Drive actions to avoid customer issues.
WHO YOU ARE
• Problem solver: You know how to solve problems. You are analytical in your approach.
• Technical Wizard: Obviously, you are an authority in your technology field. You represent the following:
• Have 7-10 years practical experience in configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting networks
• Have prior customer support experience and platform support of the following products: N3000, N5X00, N6000, N7000, N9000, FEX.
• Have in-depth knowledge of the following areas: Data Center switching, LAN switching, Routing Protocols: ISIS, OSPF, BGP.
• Represent the skills in Unix and scripting or automation.
• Are skilled in Effective Troubleshooting and Analytical thinking.
• Have minimum of CCNP or CCIE written. Full CCIE is preferred.
• Are able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
• Require minimal supervision and provide guidance to lower level engineers
• Empathy and Soft Skills Master: You are able to keep customers happy and stress levels down during difficult situations. You have a passion for customer satisfaction and dream about customer success.
• Quick Learner: You demonstrate an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, and applying this to solve customer issues remotely to drive customer satisfaction.
• Team Player: You are not alone. Your team members and you form a tribe together. You will collaborate with top talents across Cisco.
• Fluent Communicator: You have excellent communication skills (in English).
• Education: You are Bachelor's (or Master of Science) or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
• Wow – already a lot! We will be very impressed if you can also show programming skills.
Joining Cisco means you are joining one of the best companies in the world recognized for its leadership in the industry. Is there anything else we can offer you than being a prestigious company in the industry? Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.