- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description :
HR Business Partner
Reports to : HR Director, UBL
At Uganda Breweries, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people! The HR Function sits at the heart of this. As Business Partners, our role is to ensure we have the right conditions in place to develop and release the potential of our talent; our leaders and their teams. We are there to challenge and support in equal measure; to help strategically shape the future organisation to deliver the biggest possible performance outcomes.
The purpose of the role is to be an agile, connected and accountable partner to the Uganda Breweries Supply Function which includes Procurement, Planning, Logistics, Brewing, Packaging, Engineering & Governance Teams. This role will also be the partner for our Legal and Corporate Relations Functions, enabling growth and performance through focusing on Organisation Effectiveness, Talent and Performance Enablement.
You will play a key role in shaping and executing the organisational and people agenda; making sure we have the right structure, capabilities and talent for the future. You will do this through brilliant execution of our core people processes and interventions, focusing on creating the right environment for our teams to flourish. You will always look for opportunities for efficiencies or bigger outcomes across the HR function.
As a Ugandan HR team, our culture is something we are proud of. We share a collective accountability for delivery of goals and we work together to deliver core streams of work and the big outcomes we want to deliver. We always have the honest conversation and this honesty drives real outcomes and growth. When we grow as individuals, the team grows. Most of all we value each other and collaborate brilliantly.
This role is accountable for key deliverable with specific metrics associated to each area:
- Deliver game changing talent planning and management.
- Build plans to drive optimum organisational effectiveness resulting in structures that are fit for purpose and future proof Uganda Breweries.
- Drive a diversity agenda using our core HR processes to deliver shifts that will enable business performance.
- Work with Business Leaders, line managers, Global Centres of Excellence, Finance teams and Shared Services to ensure we maximise value for the organisation and key organisational effectiveness metrics are delivering.
- Work with the HR Director and our partner teams to support the joint responsibility to deliver the Organisation Effectiveness agenda - translating the business strategy into a strategy that delivers cost efficiencies, organisational effectiveness, determining and activating the right reinvestments. In doing so to drive the end to end change, pulling the levers of capability, process, WOW, structure, culture, behaviours, leadership, talent to deliver the outcomes for the business.
- With the team, jointly support the development and execution of the integrated talent and capability plan using internal and external analysis to ensure we have the right talent to deliver the ambitions of the organisation today and tomorrow. A key focus is on growing diversity within our organisation – you must be passionate about this too!
- Partner with business stakeholders to build high performing teams, coaching line managers to create an environment which is clear on performance management putting in rigour and consistency.
- Support the HRD in the transformational initiatives to drive cultural change and greater engagement.
- Continue to look for simplification and standardization opportunities in order to deliver the agility required for future business performance.
What are we looking for?
- We want someone who always looks for a better way of doing things – this might be from an external source or just a great idea.
- Ability to use “HR data”, analyzing to measure impacts, assess organization effectiveness plans, diagnose trends and link to business performance outcomes.
- Deep understanding of organisation design principles.
- Change and project management skills (including influencing change).
- Experience in working successfully with stakeholders at the most senior level – black-belt coach– influencing, supporting and challenging.
- Excellent talent judgement – ability to assess talent gaps, and suggest actions needed to strengthen the talent bench.
- Highly commercial in their approach to enable exceptional business performance.
Characteristics for success:
- Excels in a fast paced environment, owns the outcomes.
- Imagines new ways of doing things, makes them happen.
- Deep commitment to personal growth (and role modelling as such).
- Ability to work in a VUCA environment
- Significant experience in a broad range of HR roles including operational roles which require technical/functional expertise and HR roles which have had a strategic role in the business.
- Experience of managing complex change project / programmes – including delivery within a unionized environment.
- Experience of being an active coach and contributor at leadership team level is essential.
- An authentic, inspirational leader
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.