- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description :
This role is to set standards, advise, consult and provide guidance on issues and requirements concerning Excise, payment of duties in specific markets in Africa that produce finished products.
The role holder will work with a complex range of in market stakeholders (Treasury department, PLAN, SOURCE, HODs, Legal and Compliance, Tax Accountants, and Quality Analysts), central Operational Excellence and CoE team.
- Set standards and correct procedures for declaration, manufacturing and recording of raw and packaging material as well as bulk material and finished goods in Diageo and co-packers production facilities in Africa.
- Lead mapping of procedures and playbooks, offer training and updates in Excise and Duty Compliance.
- Help identify and lead process improvements.
- Make recommendations on suitable systems and processes for declaration and accounting for Excise duties for finished product manufactured in Africa
How to serve
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the Imports and clearance field preferably for FMCGs
- BSc or BA in Finance or related subject
- Must exposed to a Performance driven environment with measurable KPIs
- Demonstrable understanding of the specific countries regulation obligations and systems
- Excellent knowledge of Excise duty practices and compliance preferably in CoE region
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
Cherry on top:
- Opportunity to climb up on the career ladder
- We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
- Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
- Easy to reach downtown location
- Our unique brands are available in our staff shop
- We live our values and color our lives
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.