- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
76750 Procurement 9/2/2019 Shenzhen, China
The General Procurement organization is responsible for sourcing, purchasing, and managing spend for all non-production goods or services used internally by Lenovo. Major categories focus on manufacturing. The General Procurement team is responsible for leading the following activities:
• Working with business unit/budget owner (our internal Lenovo stakeholders), on appropriate spending strategy, including industry best practices, category/market trend analysis, and supplier capabilities;
• Appropriately selecting Supplier sources based on driving competitive sourcing activities;
• Forming contracts with selected Suppliers to help ensure both deliverables and risk avoidance;
• Managing Supplier performance via stakeholder feedback and performance-based metrics;
• Ensuring appropriate business controls are in place to protect Lenovo.
As a Indirect sourcing manager, this candidate will be responsible for sourcing, managing, and optimizing the purchase of goods and services on all indirect buys for Lenovo. He/she should have experience in indirect procurement, the desire to engage Lenovo’s internal stakeholders to provide sourcing strategies and drive procurement initiatives, and be the commercial lead for spend and supplier management.
The candidate will be responsible for five (5) primary business metrics:
• Manage and optimize Lenovo’s Spend with external suppliers, generating Procurement Value-Add (Savings and Benifit) for Lenovo;
• Drive Customer Satisfaction (Serviceability) for our internal Lenovo executives and operations teams through Supplier selection and engagement;
• Ensure adequate Business Controls are in place surrounding sourcing, contracts, spending, and supplier management;
• Drive best practices and transformation activities to ensure continuous improvement;
• Initiate procure-to-pay processes on non-strategic purchases to improve procurement efficiency.
The selected candidate will exhibit the following abilities:
• Analytics -- Perform competitive bid analysis, cost analysis, fair-value analysis and scenario modeling;
• Problem solving – Ability to understand objectives, identify obstacles, initiative root cause analysis, mitigate risk, and develop and implement recommendations for alternative solutions;
• Negotiation -- ability to conduct fact-based negotiations with Suppliers at senior levels;
• Industry Acumen – Knowledge and experience in Marketing related field or equivalent
• Team -- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and drive work successfully within a matrix team environment;
• Independence -- Ability to complete tasks and initiatives with minimal amount of supervision;
• Fact-seeking -- propensity to do appropriate research on goods/services being purchased in order to drive strategy and benefit negotiations;
• Project Management – Ability to prioritize activities and multi-task to drive maximum benefit.
• Previous Indirect Procurement experience is required;
• Professional experience in spend management is highly desirable;
• Bachelors Degree at least;
• MBA candidates are preferred, particularly with business experience in a related field;
• Fluent in English;
- ms project
About the company
Motorola, Inc. was a multinational telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States (U.S.). After having lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009, the company was divided into two independent public companies, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011. Motorola Solutions is generally considered to be the direct successor to Motorola, Inc., as the reorganization was structured with Motorola Mobility being spun off.