- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
“You willnever know how much you can accomplish until you try. Never stop trying.” (LailahGifty Akita)
If you want to push yourselfprofessionaly, and try something new and don’t feel uncomfortable with uncertinty:keep reading, and apply for an incredible journey ahead as you are more thanlikely the candidate we are looking for.
Your role & work environment
ING hasinnovation in its DNA. If order to fulfil our mission to “Empower people tostay a step ahead in life & in business”, we have the following strategicinnovation priorities:
1/ acceleratethe pace of innovation (faster go-to-market)
2/ thinkbeyond traditional banking to develop new services and business models (whichare used by our primary customers and generate sustainable business impact)
The mission ofthe Center of Expertise Innovation ING Belgium & The Netherlands (Unite) isto enable these strategic innovation priorities by working on innovation capabilities, customer impact & culture.
Our main focusis on adjacent & disruptive innovation, not only on incremental innovation.The source of our innovation portfolio can be internal (e.g. Bootcamp), projectdriven or external (e.g. our accelerator FinTech Village).
Your key responsibilities
- Workingtogether with specific business areas to identify new opportunities as well astackle (customer) pain points by exploring new business models and technologies
- Developingexpertise in ING’s innovation focus areas and the underlying emergingtechnologies
- Leveragingon market research, scouting of FinTech’s & successful innovation in otherING entities (in close collaboration with Chief Innovation Office ING Bank)
We look for
A colleaguewho wants to take their experience to the next level, with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and aknack for always being a step ahead.In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challengesin a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborativeperson who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love tochallenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions toproblems.
As a InnovationConsultant, you will also need to:
- Outsmart& challenge your boss (that should be easy)
- Showa high level of autonomy & take ownership
- Bewell organized (equally important as being creative) whilst displaying highflexibility
- Havestrong communication & networking skills
- Demonstrateorganisational sensitivity (ability to take into account the dynamics of theenvironment (both opportunities & constraints))
- Understandthe dynamics of new business models (beyond banking and/or platforms)
- Betech-savvy & able to assess the impact of technology & how offers fromstartups will have an impact on the customer experience (“cut through thewood”)
- Havetons of courage & perseverence
We offer you
A clearpurpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation, other benefitsand opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- Intensivetraining (amongst others PACE Coach Academy)
- Unlimitedbrainfood from & exposure to the innovation ecosystem allowing you to workon your employability inside or outside ING
“If you always do what you always did, you will always get what youalways got” (A. Einstein)