- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Aviva Canada is looking to grow in the direct channel to meet changing customer needs and expectations – including direct to customer, Group and Affinity, and by implementing the Guidewire platform, i.e. Policy Center and Billing Center.
We are seeking sales oriented and customer-focused team players who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Insurance Advisor is an underwriting professional licensed to sell personal general insurance directly to consumers nationally via the direct channel and to service all their insurance related needs, including claims counseling.
In addition, the role is responsible to underwrite personal lines policies nationally and within authorized limits in accordance with established policies, practices, standards and applicable laws and regulations.
You must be provincially licensed or be prepared to commit to extensive training to be nationally licensed.
- Assist new direct channel clients with their general insurance (home and auto) insurance needs
- Underwrite new business (including quotes), endorsements and all renewals by obtaining all necessary information from the customer relevant to the risk to develop the exposures in order to refuse or amend and/or accept a risk at the prescribed rates, referring to Direct Channel Team Leader or Insurance Advisor Specialist as needed
- Upsell insurance to existing clients by phone or via web-chat
- Influence customer loyalty through professionalism & courtesy while achieving department standards for key performance indicators on a team & individual basis
- Provide customers with claims counseling
- Assist direct channel customers with system issues or complaints and follow up as required
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances insurance agency reputation by taking ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- College Diploma or University Degree
- CIP or FCIP designation preferred
- Good understanding and knowledge of insurance and underwriting
- Nationally OTL licensed or A provincial OTL insurance license or a willingness to study & meet the requirements for OTL licensing in jurisdictions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer centric, strong sales and service skills
- Strong digital capability, including social media savvy
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize work
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Sales and customer service experience
- Recent insurance contact centre experience desirable
- At minimum 1 year insurance underwriting experience mandatory
- Experience working on projects, exposure to agile preferable
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.