- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description :
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Diageo Business Services have been operating in the heart of Budapest for 15 years and provide added value for the company on a global level in the area of Finance, HR, Commercial Support, IT, Treasury and Business Intelligence.
Inventory & Returnable Lead - AFRICA Plan CoE
The Inventory & Returnable Lead in the Africa CoE leads the Inventory Optimization & Returnable Asset strategy process for markets in scope, whilst coordinating with CoE Leadership operational excellence initiatives to improve inventory performance through nest in class execution.
The Inventory Manager is responsible for the critical cross-functional ongoing governance, process and system projects to significantly improve end-to-end inventory visibility (including inventory held by strategic distributors/vendors) and optimize inventory levels with the goal of improving Finished Goods Inventory Turns.
This role covers supply planning for all African markets: Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Africa, Mozambique and SAEM; more to be added at later stages.
- Generate a baseline inventory profile for all SKUs / Locations based on forecast and supply chain characteristics
- Define Inventory and replenishment approach for each SKU / Location including
- Stockholding locations for the SKU
- Minimum and incremental production or replenishment quantities
- Frequency of production or delivery
- Sourcing/Lead time & MTO vs MTS
- Calculation of Safety Stock Levels (including factoring of cycle stock & target service levels) and parameter adjusting in APO
- Generation Monthly Inventory Profile Using the data from Safety Stock, Cycle Stock, In-Transit.
- Control the supply of customer product requirements for Diageo with an NSV value of £1,519M from over 32 M EU cases, directly impacting COGS ~ £900M and ~£215M of inventory (7 Markets, 16 Plants, 52 Packaging lines, 58 Warehouses, ~600 skus produced, ~2500 skus sold, 32M EU cases)
How to Serve:
• +3 years in Supply Chain planning experience in CPG (Demand Planning, Supply Planning).
• Additionally, some wider cross functional experience preferable e.g. commercial, finance or supply.
• Experience with advanced planning software with Supply Planning (SAP APO would be an advantage)
• Excellent influencing, stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills
• Ability to challenge senior stakeholders and hold tension in S&OP conversations
• Exceptional communication skills – verbal, written and presentation
• Solid understanding of end to end supply chain operational processes within Diageo e.g. DP, DRP, MPS, inventory, conversion, logistics and customer service
• Customer centric
• Numerate with broad statistical, analytical skills and attention to detail
• Customer centric mind set.
• High degree of quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
• Proficient in MS applications e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
Cherry on Top:
• Opportunity to climb up on the career ladder
• We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
• Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
• Easy to reach downtown location
• Our unique brands are available in our staff shop
• We live our values and color our lives
Worker Type :
Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.