- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
RAIS is seeking to appoint a passionate, experienced IPC Lead Teacher with a clear vision of excellence in learning. To start in early September 2020.
RA International School:
RA International School (RAIS) is a large, mainstream international primary school with a dedicated Learning Support Unit and specialist teaching team. The school currently has over 650 students on roll from 3-11 years. Our students are the children of local and expatriate staff who work for Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Limited (NLNG). The school uses the English National Curriculum for English and Mathematics alongside the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). RAIS is situated in a well-kept company residential area which houses both the school staff and families working for the company.
This is an opportunity to become part of an ambitious school with a values-driven approach – where children are at the heart of all we do.
The position of IPC Lead Teacher is non-class based role with the focus on driving the curriculum forward – leading, training, working alongside and fully supporting the staff in our journey to school excellence.
We are seeking an IPC Lead Teacher who:
- is a native-level English speaker
- holds a B.Ed. or BA/BSc and PGCE in Primary Teaching with Qualified Teacher Status
- has extensive experience of teaching primary age children in an international context
- has a high level of expertise in the IPC
- has a clear understanding of what excellence is and can strategically develop our IPC provision
- is able to lead through exemplary classroom practice, promoting high expectations and standards
- can build strong, positive relationships with staff
- is child-centred and passionate about learning
- possesses a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, creativity, resilience and a good sense of humour
In addition to working in a happy, learning-focused and forward-looking company school, you will receive a highly attractive package, including:
- a very competitive, tax-free salary
- free housing (with no-cost utilities)
- relocation assistance
- free or subsidised school places for dependent children
- generous travel allowance
- comprehensive international medical insurance
- free access to local recreational facilities
The successful applicant will be offered a two year contract in the first instance with an option for annual renewal thereafter.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be asked to apply for an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (you can find further details on www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs) or for a police check/clearance from your home/resident country.
Offer of employment is subject to visa requirements and local rules and legislation. A final offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police check, medical check and visa approval.
To apply, please complete the application form accompanying this advertisement.
The completed application should be returned with a current CV, Personal Statement and passport photograph to the Head Teacher - email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 2nd January 2020 at 12.00 UK time.
We encourage early applications as interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.