- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
IT Capacity and Performance ManagerIntroduction
We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it's important they are running at their best. As a System Management Specialist you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it's our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production we are seeking skilled system management professions ready for the challenge.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Capacity & Performance Manager has overall responsibility for ensuring that there is adequate IT Capacity to meet required levels of service and for ensuring that senior IT management is correctly advised on how to match Capacity with demand. This is to ensure that use of existing Capacity is optimized thus ensuring a optimised TCO. The Capacity Manager is accountable to the Performance & Capacity Processes Owner as part of the accounts cross functional deliverables.
- Ensures that there is sufficient capacity to meet service level targets
- Delegate responsibility for performance and capacity monitoring and alerting tasks
- Keeps IT management informed about capacity needs
- Provides capacity requirements for new or modified IT services
- Maintains an overall understanding of current service capacity and trends
- Ensures that performance testing is carried out on new and modified IT services
- Works to proactively provide sufficient IT capacity
- Produces and maintains a Capacity Plan
- Ensures that performance & capacity-related incidents and problems are addressed
- Assesses the capacity impact of new change requests
- Is responsible for monitoring IT capacity levels, comparing actual levels against targets, and addressing shortfalls
- Carries out the Process Manager responsibilities for the Capacity Management process
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Solid understanding of the full IT stack and how to isolate performance issues
- Solid knowledge of at least one virtualisation platform
- VMware virtualisation performance concepts and capacity management
- Pseries virtualisation performance concepts and capacity management
- Experience in analysing Windows/Linux/Unix server performance issues
- Conceptional knowledge of Storage Area Networking concepts
- Storage virtualisation concepts
- Generic storage concepts like RAID, LUN provisioning and Zoning
- Conceptual knowledge of data networks
- Experience in delegating tasks and coordinating actions to a good result
- Experience in setting up reports using BI- or Reporting tools
- Experience in scripting languages like VBA or PowerShell is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence
- Strong English language skills both oral and written
- Working Hours: Australia and New Zealand hours (Working hour starts at: 5AM/6AM)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Good presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking.If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS isthe place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.