- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
IT solution Delivery Engineer
Posted Date 10 hours ago(05/07/2019 15:44)
Job ID 2019-2510Business Area Information systemsCountry BECity Brussel (Zaventem) Company Information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours). Your Profile
- You are fluent in English (TME business language)
- You have a master in Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science - preferably with a minimum of 1-year experience in software built or vehicle engineering systems, including but not limited to writing and documenting client specifications
- You have an understanding of latest software development technologies and methodologies, including big data
- You have an understanding in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies ( Hadoop Spark Storm Kafka etc…) on large scale unstructured data sets
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a critical thinking, with a positive attitude
- You are a real team player
- You are tech-savvy
- You have strong decision making skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to think strategically about technology and its business implications
- You have a technical aptitude needed to understand the implications of technical product decisions
- Knowledge and understanding of the full software development lifecycle and associated methodologies is helpful.
- Understanding of PLM platforms is helpful
- You have basic knowledge and exposure of the product development process using Scrum / Agile
- You are passionate about the Mobility and societal challenges ahead (urban and rural)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- Have strong planning and organization skills
- Enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- Have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
- Have excellent communication skills
Your team and your responsibilities The R&D Systems team belongs to the Information Systems function. The main mission of the team is to deliver innovative IT solutions with key technologies that will transform the activities of our R&D engineers towards a digital vehicle development.
We work cross-functionally with multiple other functions such as Production Engineering, Product Planning, Sales, EMCs and ED2 Your responsibilities:
- Gather requirements of from a variety of sources to support Business development process and IT engineering systems setup.
- Communicate information in the form of User Stories that support user needs, program functions, test cases and steps required to develop or modify systems.
- May research and analyze projects for new features based on system requirements defined by business development.
- Perform research and development on the R&D technology domain and pro-actively propose/implement innovative solutions.
- Design requirements and documentation with foresight for the future maintainability and growth of the platform.
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable data pipelines in cloud and local systems to process unstructured big data
- Work closely with the Product Owner to manage customer enhancement requests and expectations.
- Embrace learning and growth to gain expertise and grow in position.
You must also be able to:
- Understand and prioritize requirements and information, based on input from a variety of sources.
- Exhibit efficient management of time, tasks and priorities.
- Maintain a positive team player attitude.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic and focus on work, tasks, and priorities.
- Communicate technical and non-technical information clearly and effectively/professionally with peers, management, development team, support team and others
- Learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Constantly learn new business processes.
- Pro-actively listen to client feedback and determine the best way to meet the requirements.
- Adapt to changing Business and environments.
Place of employment: Belgium - Brussels (Zaventem): Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
Starting date: ASAP Options
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed