- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
IT Workplace Services Manager EMEA Emerging markets-SER001854
MSD is an innovative, global healthcare leader committed to improving health and well-being in 140 countries around the world. Our product categories include heart and respiratory health, diabetes, infectious diseases, consumer products and women's health. We continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world - diseases like Alzheimer's, Diabetes and Cancer - while further expanding our strengths in areas such as vaccines and biologics. We aspire to be the best healthcare company in the world and are dedicated to providing innovative solutions for tomorrow.
We are seeking energetic, forward-thinking professionals to join our Information Technology group in Prague. As part of that team, you will help launch our new IT Hub focused on developing and applying advanced capabilities in information sciences, information security, mobility, social media and big data. You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology. We offer project-based rotations to help with your professional development, and a flat, collaborative environment. Overall, our new IT Hub in Prague offers technology professionals incredible opportunities to learn from others across the globe, to challenge themselves, and to enjoy a reward that technology careers don’t often bring: the satisfaction of helping to save lives.
• Education: MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
• 10 years relevant experience
• English fluency required, along with excellent English written and verbal communications skills
• Understanding and effectively communicating across multiple languages and cultures an advantage
• Strong understanding of the IT service catalogue and the roles & responsibilities attributed to all IT departments wherein MSD operates
• Demonstrates both tactical as strategic thinking and creative problem solving in response to position IT as a tool for supporting the business
• Effectively coaches, counsels and builds teams
• Operates and leads effectively in a matrix environment
• Acts as a leader to ensure accountability towards the business whilst providing holistic, standard, turn-key solutions
• Requires good negotiation and presentation skills
• Understands characteristics of the current IT environment and actively identifies opportunities for improvement
• Has solid experience with CAPEX / OPEX planning and budget monitoring
• Shares knowledge and enforces compliance with IT systems development lifecycle
Manager required to support the operation, planning and execution of the IT strategies related to infrastructure. Makes sure to comply with the country regulations as well as global policies and standards pertaining to IT infrastructure. Through effective communications with platform owners, a translation of business needs will be conveyed to allow for a right sized infrastructure.
The IT infrastructure comprises laptop/desktop, networks, security, servers and telephony throughout all business divisions. Close cooperation with IT colleagues as well as the business will be required to deliver IT infrastructure capable to support the business needs. Full responsibility for IT infrastructure from demand, planning all the way through realization of the infrastructure programs.
Primary job responsibilities include:
• Champions the One IT Operating Model.
• Ensures that the team collaborates effectively with all IT colleagues.
• Operates and implements all IT infrastructure in scope.
• Implements a sustainable service model for all Infrastructure deployed, consisting of end user IT devices as well as back-office infrastructure locally implemented.
• Manages and forecasts budget in regards to the operating expenses of IT infrastructure.
• Manages large service contracts with external partners.
• Manages and develops staff in multiple countries with the emphasis on coaching and mentoring.
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
Job: Service Delivery/Management
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD