- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll Do
Cisco Cloud and Managed Services Data Center team is group of world-class experts whose #1 focus is to help customers operate their Data Center infrastructure effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through quick and accurate incident resolution leading to uninterrupted service uptime, eliminating reoccurring issues, increasing customer satisfaction metrics as well as high employee satisfaction scores. Your opportunities to impact the health and performance of Data Center environments that we support all are limitless. Your career growth options will be BOLD, as we realize our vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world. Make an impact with us!
Cisco Cloud & Managed Services (CMS)group seeks a Customer Support Engineer with expertise in various Data Center technologies: networking, storage, compute, virtualization, software-defined networks. As a Customer Support Engineer in our world class team you will gain hands-on experience and the ability to earn industry leading certifications. You will be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues. You will solve our customer’s problems, ensuring that they gain expected business outcomes, providing a superior customer experience. You will also receive extensive training and development in both technical and soft skill areas.
- Participation in Data Center operations duties, active monitoring of customer’s environment and responding to the events in timely fashion
- Managing the queue of incidents and make sure that all of them are served according to appropriate service level
- Autonomously solve issues based on predefined procedures, knowledge and experience
- Acting as Cisco single point of contact to the customer
- Organizing and participation in escalation calls
- Close cooperation with vendor-based support
- Building and delivering timelines of incidents
- Gathering and delivering data for further analysis
- Cooperation with higher-tier engineers
- Preparing and delivering presentations and trainings to the internal team or wider audience
- Creating, testing and delivering procedures
- Providing technical support for customers during software deployment, new services implementation and architectural changes
- Close co-operation with surrounding teams
- Sharing knowledge and expertise within the team
Who You'll Work With
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and passionate engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. "Work hard, play harder" is the motto of the team.
We are a team of engineers with varying years of experience and skill in numerous technologies and solutions.
Our team has global presence, we are located in Cisco facilities all around the world and work according to follow the sun pattern.
Who You Are
· Minimum of 1+ years of experience in networking/storage/virtualization/compute support – CCNA level of knowledge required
· Basic understanding and practical knowledge of networking/storage/virtualization/compute technologies
· Ability to read technical documentation with understanding
· ability to understand customer environments and analyze configurations of devices
· experience with at least two areas from the following list: Routing/Switching, Nexus switches, UCS Servers, Load Balancers, Virtualization, Storage
· willing to learn through organized trainings, self-studies
· strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
· strong written and verbal communication skills (English required)
· BS in Engineering/Computer Science/IT and/or equivalent experience
· prior experience in support of remote customer networks
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.