- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You’ll Do
Role and Responsibilities:
- Engage with customers globally in design and development of network service orchestration solutions and OSS/BSS systems transformation
- Develop Network Function Virtualization (NFV) solutions for service provider customers globally through software architecture, design and development
- Development and integration of orchestration solutions, service chaining and OSS/BSS systems
- Work closely with customers and stakeholders at various stages such as solution requirement, definition and delivery
- Drive/collaborate with other technical leaders/software engineers on system/functional design
- Develop challenging portions of software independently and rapidly with a focus on quality in an Agile environment
- Mentor junior and senior developers
- Troubleshoot and Fix customer issues related to Cloud Solution implemented by Advanced Services team
- Manage team members working on the project to solve the customer issues
- Understanding and utilization of Cisco Best practices and internal processes
- Consults with other Teams in Cisco to assist Customers
- Manage lab setups to simulate the customer problems and provide the solution to the customer
- Provides product training and create intellectual property material
- Acts as a point of contact for Project Stake Holders
Who You’ll Work With
Our engineers deliver the technologies, solutions and services customers need to expertly manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments, building relations and supporting customers business. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
Who You Are
- B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech/MS in Computer Science/ Software Systems/ Electronics/ Telecommunications or Electrical with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience in software solutions architecture and design in system software and infrastructure domain
- Understanding of Software Design Patterns
- Experience in all phases of software development lifecycle with good working exposure to agile development methodologies
- Good understanding of Virtualization domain (VMware or OpenStack)
- Advance skills around TCP/IP & Networking
- Background in Service Architecture, Service Fulfilment and System Integration (SI)
- Rapid Application Development and integrations techniques
- Core Java, Python
- Java Script / HTML
- Advanced Unix / Linux Skills
- Web/App Server – IIS /Tomcat Apache/Jboss
- Web Services (SOAP / REST)
- XML / XSLT / JSON / REGEX
- MS SQL / MySQL
- Expertise working in IDE environments like Eclipse etc.
- Hands-on development experience is must
- Excellent communication skills
- Program leadership – Handling complex client facing projects with geographically spread out teams.
- Experience in NetConf, Yang Modelling, Tail-f/NCS/NSO
- Contribution to Open Source projects
- Exposure to Micro services architecture
- CCNP or CCIE in DC, Cloud or R&S track
- OpenStack Certification or working knowledge
- TCL/Shell/Perl scripting
- Experience with SNMP concepts, commands and execution
- Automation using Virtualization and Cloud tools
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.