- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Language Lead
Department: Operations - Life Science
Reporting to: Language Team Lead
The Senior Language Lead will be responsible for ensuring lingua quality is of high standards. This will be achieved by working directly with fellow Language Leads within the program.
- Supervise a team of linguists/Language Leads in a range of project domains.
- Work closely with management to ensure highest quality of linguistic services for localization projects.
- Provide support on client proposals, coordinate all linguistic activities to ensure correct execution of plan, and provide input for post project analysis.
- Participate in the definition of the localization strategy and defining resource needs (internal, external, off shore), schedule and budget, based on customer requirements.
- Communicate project priorities and provide detailed translation instructions and support documentation to translation resources.
- May review source material and perform quality assurance checks.
- Identify potential linguistic issues and make recommendations on risks and contingencies.
- Coordinate and supervise the linguistic quality assurance process throughout project and be responsible for the overall quality of final deliverables before shipping to client.
- Ensure load balancing and organize backup plans.
- Ensure clear communication happens within and from the team (ensure (project) meetings are held, provide/compile/validate reports, etc.).
- May participate or organize regular independent audits on projects.
- This position does not have direct reports but may mentor or train Language Leads.
Requirements of position:
- 4 years' experience in Language and Linguistic role.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Fluency in additional languages would be a significant advantage
- Prior agency, Life Science industry experience a plus.
- Be knowledgeable of localisation processes, tools, quality assurance practices, principles and methodologies.
- Ability to write project documents; communicate effectively with clients, vendors and/or employees.
- Thorough understanding of Life Sciences content.
- Self-motivated & positive can-do attitude
- University degree in Linguistics, Translation or related field preferred.
- ms project