- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Santa Rosa
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. Ubisoft builds worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
With over 30 locations worldwide, 94 nationalities and 55 spoken languages, Ubisoft teams are a creative force with a diverse range of specialties in development, business and operations. Through cross-studio collaboration and a forward-looking approach, they dream up new ideas, anticipate new technologies, and continually enhance their expertise.
From breathtaking gaming experiences to award winning marketing campaigns, Ubisoft creates engaging worlds that foster passionate communities.
The Lead Animator will plan, assign and supervise the work of the animators. He will ensure the team’s optimal performance and resolve and manage the situations that hinder the attainment of production goals by the animation team.
The main and routine tasks of the Lead Animator are to:
• Create benchmark quality animations to demonstrate visual and technical quality as reference for the animation team
• Quickly prototype animation systems that will serve as a basis for animation and gameplay-related discussions
• Be the main point of contact for other teams and represent the team
• Communicate project objectives, strategies and information to all team members so as to ensure the visibility of the progress of the game’s development and the other crafts
• Work in close collaboration with the animation director, art director, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, gameplay intentions and engine capacities in order to anticipate the in-game look of the animations
• Define, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables
• Ensure that the work of the team follows the quality standards, artistic direction and set deadlines
• Actively participate in project management decisions and supervise the necessary adjustments so that the animation team is able to reach its goals
• Coach and share best practices with the animation team
• Minimum of 7 years' experience in animation, films, video games or equivalent
• Skilled in Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Character Studio and Motion Builder
• Aesthetic sense and in-depth understanding of movement in space
• Knowledge of the human anatomy, physiological reactions, body language and proportions in character concepts in order to express character emotions through movement
• Working knowledge on Max Script, MEL Script and Python is an advantage
• Strong leadership, time and priority management skills
• Detail-oriented, flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change
• Ability to receive, seek and provide constructive criticism
• Ability to work effectively with members of the animation team and other teams on the project
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
• Passion for video games with knowledge on different game genres across all platforms
To all applicants: Kindly upload your cover letter, CV and portfolio.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.