- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
We are looking for a lead Animator to deliver a new innovative multiplayer game experience establishing the foundation of an AAA game. With great animation vision and skills to create high quality animation artwork and also give feedback to animators for our game projects. Becoming a great role model for the rest of the team by exhibiting a collaborative attitude across other disciplines and with the other leads.
The ideal candidate should be capable of delivering superior results artwork in a broad range of styles. This role will be working closely with the Art director, Art Lead, game designers and programmers to develop and create the art assets and guide other animators to finish their work which meet our game’s artistic requirements.
- The Lead Animator is responsible for the quality and content of the animations and must ensure that they are visually credible and in line with the game's vision.
- Quick adaption and understanding of the limitations and requirements for our game engine.
- Follow up on and validate the animations delivered, ensured the artistic charter is being followed (e.g.: assess coherence, fluidity, uniformity, timing, weight perception, etc.)
- Actively participate in animation system design and issue resolution;
- Work closely with scripters, programmers, designers and the TD animation to ensure the quality of the integration of the animations;
- Play the game so as to detect inconsistencies and validate the regularity of character reactions (control and gameplay situations);
- Communicate expected animation quality and content levels to the animation team (e.g.: movement styles) by providing documentation and good visual references (benchmark)
- Be innovative to propose ideas and be proactive in problem identification and trouble shooting.
- Ensure that team health is good for each report: regular 1 on 1s for every direct report. Manage reports with clear JDs and challenging Objectives to get the best out of the team. Drive employee engagement & retention
- Problem and conflict solving
- Responsible of communicating the results of the team regularly
- Ensure close collaboration with the collab teams
- Show exemplary commitment, even in critical situations
- Coach and mentor the animator
- Provide feedback on the animation performance for all animations produced by the team
- Actively communicate all dependencies, changes and task completion to Production.
- Consulting regularly with the other leads to ensure that the quality and artistic direction matches their expectation
- Collaborative communication with not just team members but also the other disciplines.
- Provide constructive feedback on other Animator's assignments.
- Document animation workflow, pipeline and other animation system and share with the team
- Has very good knowledge about the video game industry and its evolution.
- Uses his knowledge of the competition to adapt his game to the expectations of consumers.
- Promotes the project's marketing orientations.
- Prepare and follow up the animation certification for animators
For the studio and the group:
- The success of the project is the main objective, success also means growing the studio competencies;
- Identify and promotes the application of the best ideas; Contributes to major
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.