- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Dar es Salaam
In this role, you will deliver engineering designs/requirements, execute business critical New Product Introductions, drive cost competitiveness, and ensure world class subsystem performance of the biggest offshore Wind Turbine up to date. You will work together with Supply Chain, EHS, Operations relevant stakeholders among others, to deliver the best solution from a whole value chain perspective.
- Full ownership and accountability for design, development, testing and certification of appointed sub-system
- Ensure quality of deliverables, on time delivery, design cost, DFMEA, performance, availability, weight and general targets defined by the business related to the sub-system
- Ensure sub-system full integrated solution, by analyzing all mechanical and electrical/control interfaces
- Design/Analysis by means of FEA and analytical methods (Extreme, fatigue and structural dynamics
- Ensure proper design reviews and documentation quality according to RE-120 Instruction and defined project gates
- Perform Engineering Excellence and provide innovative design solutions to deliver world class quality Role Summary/Purpose
This role is a global design engineering role where the scope includes Nacelle covers and internal mechanical auxiliary components GE offshore wind turbines.
The purpose of the job will cover from conceptual design and functional specification to testing, validation of the different mechanical systems of GE offshore wind turbines.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or related discipline or equivalent knowledge or experience. Preferably mechanical
- Significant experience in proven composite component design and calculations
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- EU Work Permit If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
- Master's Degree in an Engineering or related discipline or equivalent knowledge or experience. Preferably mechanical
- Working knowledge of Unigraphics NX 3D-CAD
- Working knowledge of Ansys/Workbench
- Knowledge of Standards and Design Codes
- Knowledge of different manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated system thinking: ability to assess tradeoffs, effectively assess risk, and optimize results
- Business acumen and customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to work horizontally across stakeholders to influence outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills including: ownership, self-motivated, problem solving, analytical, team player, communication skills and ability to develop relationships
- ms project