- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Markham location office for a Lead, Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO)
Reporting to and working with the AVP, Enterprise Delivery, you will be:
- Leading a team of full time and contract Project Managers and supporting them in their program/project delivery responsibilities.
- Recruiting and managing EPMO team members.
- Developing and implementing enterprise wide program/project management leading practices.
- Working across the organization to support and evolve Agile delivery practices, with the goal of improving overall delivery productivity
- Championing change in the organization, set the appropriate expectations with management and communicate results enthusiastically and effectively
- Reporting on the effectiveness of program and project delivery for all initiatives across the full project lifecycle.
- Representing the EPMO in initiatives that span IT and/or Aviva’s business, where required.
- Collaborating across IT and the business to understand implementation delivery priorities specific to the business area and makes recommendations to anticipate the demand
- Planning, executing and managing EPMO-specific initiatives
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management, preferably working in a formal PMO leadership or support role.
- Prior experience working in an Agile delivery organization. If you have formal Agile education/certification that is a plus. Prior experience leading or participating in an Agile Transformation initiative is also an asset.
- You have your PMI Project Management Professional (PMP), or similar designation(s)
- You bring strong leadership and champion change management skills
- Prior experience working in IT
- You feel comfortable and have the ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines
- Advanced use of all Microsoft Office and JIRA software is also desirable
- Your interpersonal skills (verbal and written) are outstanding
- If you have P&C Insurance industry experience that would definitely be a plus
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.