- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll do
In this role, you will manage and maintain a huge number of servers using Automation and Network Management Software tools to manage and report.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
- Maintain organization of work queues
- Manage creating and documenting change requests
- Perform troubleshooting of Linux based applications
- Administer Linux servers (account, disk and other system resources management)
- Manage MariaDB database
- Write simple/complex SQL queries to compile data for requested reports
- Be a mentor to engineers and assist them in their tasks
- Perform scheduled changes and document success/failures
- Join escalations bridges and clearly communicate on troubleshooting steps taking place
- Multitask multiple priorities and be able to work them until completion
- Create knowledge-base documentation on repeated tasks and complex changes
- Ability to manage emails and respond in a professional and timely manor
Who You’ll Work With
Managed Services is Cisco-led managed IT operations for network, collaboration, data center, and security operations. This service provides proactive management, monitoring and optimization of the infrastructure and processes to reduce costly inefficiencies maximize system availability and improve security and compliance. You will work with delivery teams within Customer Experience and partners to provide services.
Who You Are
As a lead member of this Customer Experience team:
- You are an authority on Linux.
- You have worked on an NMS/SaaS platform
- You have worked as a Linux Administrator or possess hands on experience with Linux (CentOS, REDHAT).
- You enjoy diagnosing and solving problems related to the operating system, hardware, network, and related software.
- You can actively run and maintain performance including software upgrades, patch installs, system tests, and other scheduled operations.
- Working with team in evolving application infrastructure architecture and make recommendations for improvements.
- Reviewing system logs files for errors, settings up CRON jobs for back-ups and monitoring process.
- Leading all sys-admin functions of the servers, perform patch and software distributions, run security configuration of the systems, provide reports for management use, and demonstrate system health and compliance based on pre-defined standards.
- Complete routine maintenance, OS hardening, OS patching, auditing, and security compliance.
- You have experience with Virtual Computing Environments
- Hands-on experience with Ansible or Splunk
- You understand or have working knowledge of Windows, WSUS, ePolicy Orchestrator Agent
- You know ITSM/ITIL basics
- You exhibit excellent interpersonal skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.