- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- QATAR QA
Established in 2016, the Engineering Technology program offers Associate of Science and Bachelor of Science degree programs in the fields of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding technical competencies to enable them to contribute in the various aspects of the country.
The role of the Mechanical Engineering lecturer encompasses teaching undergraduate laboratory/ laboratory based courses, as well as academic advising, professional development, and institutional/community service.
In particular, the applicant is expected to:
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge in laboratory/ laboratory based teaching discipline;
- Develop syllabi for relevant laboratory/ laboratory based courses;
- Review, evaluate, and recommend student textbooks and learning materials;
- Develop, and use a variety of laboratory teaching materials that assist students in meeting course objectives;
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods;
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated laboratory objectives;
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines;
- Teach laboratory/ laboratory based courses at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs;
- Hold reguar office hours;
- Participate in department and college-wide professional development activities and committees.
The applicant must have a Master’s degree in Mechanicall Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an internationally recognized university.
3 years of college/university level teaching. Work experience in GCC is preferred but not mandatory.
The applicant is expected to be able to communicate effectively in both Arabic and English languages. S/he is expected to maintain professional, ethical, and responsible interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
- Education allowance: up to 3 children (from grade 1 until 18 years old);
- Airplane ticket allowance: for faculty and family members (spouse and 3 children up to 18 years of age) upon first arrival (for overseas staff), at final departure (overseas and local destination), and during summer leave;
- Shipment allowance: upon first arrival (for overseas staff) and at final departure (overseas and local destination);
- Annual basic salary increment: applicable depending on the Annual Performance Evaluation;
- Medical insurance: renewed yearly upon higher management's approval.