- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Singapore, Singapore \r\n \r\n Legal \r\n Legal \r\n \r\n Legal Coordinator, Content Acquisition - APAC \r\n The Opportunity:
With more than 148 million paid members in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix. We are constantly seeking ways to bring great content from around the world to viewers everywhere.
We are currently looking for an experienced Legal Coordinator to join our Singapore-based Business and Legal Affairs team, to help support our growing content acquisition efforts in Asia Pacific, with a specific focus on South-East Asia, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea.
The successful candidate will have some prior experience in a business affairs and/or legal setting. S/he will be highly-organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and be able to juggle multiple responsibilities on a large portfolio of content deals, including international productions, with an unwavering attention to detail. They will also be excited and inspired by Netflix culture. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative.
This position will be based in Singapore with periodic travel, including to Netflix’s office in Hollywood.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
- Contract administration, including contract execution, filing and database management
- Creating, updating and tracking spreadsheets with deal terms, options, and credits
- Managing, maintaining, and updating templates and forms as well as various dashboards and document management systems
- Conducting legal and territory-specific research, and maintaining a legal knowledge database
- Basic contract preparation under the supervision of counsel
- Working cross functionally to maintain alignment and facilitate communication between departments
- Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary
- Increasing team operational efficiency \r\n Responsibilities include but are not limited to: \r\n
- BA/BS required; Law degree or paralegal certificate preferred
- At least 3 years of related work experience in media and entertainment
- Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate between cross-functional teams
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight schedules in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
- Ability to respond positively to change and be respective of new ideas
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines
- Proven track record of improving team organization and efficiency
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Research experience a plus but not required
- Knowledge of the international television landscape
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
- Ability to embrace and advocate for cultural diversity
- Experience in the Asia Pacific market and fluency in English is required, and working knowledge of Korean and/or another Asia Pacific language(s) is preferred \r\n Required Qualifications: \r\n
About the company
Netflix is an American provider of on-demand Internet streaming media available to viewers in all of Australia, New Zealand, South America, Japan, North America and parts of Europe (Denmark, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland and United Kingdom), and of flat rate DVD-by-mail in the United States, where mailed DVDs and Blu-ray are sent via Permit Reply Mail. The company was established in 1997 and is headquartered in Los Gatos, California. It started its subscription-based service in 1999. By 2009, Netflix was offering a collection of 100,000 titles on DVD and had surpassed 10 million subscribers.