- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About Ubisoft Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft opened its door in China in 1996. Today, Ubisoft Shanghai is one of the largest and most influential video game companies in this country with full creation and production capacities. There are 450+ talents working on the developing of console and mobile games, and already shipped Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance®, Assassin’s Creed® and Tom Clancy’s video game series.
Shanghai studio established its expertise in Wildlife Animation, Open World and AI through the co-development with other studios in the group. In addition, the studio also plays a major role in the Publishing and APAC Network Infrastructure.
About Program Origin (源·计划):
The focal point of the Program Origin is the recruitment of young talents with good potential and high motivation joining the creation of our great games.
Upon the successful completion of the extensive training sessions conducted by our industry-renowned mentors & trainers set for the first six months of this program, the graduates will be given the much-anticipated opportunities of participating in the very core AAA game development in Shanghai Studio.
Join us and create your world.
The Level Design Trainee (Technical Oriented) will create game levels and implement the gameplay situations based on the creative vision.
· Understand creative director’s vision and develop levels based on this;
· Develop a level from concept to completion, with the support from peers (Including 2D/3D layouts, documentation, prototyping, implementing new gameplay, AI, Scripted Events etc.)
· Create coherent level design documentation to express and communicate your level designs to your team members using 2D and documentation tools;
· Apply architecture concepts to levels (believability, flow, threshold, and volumes);
· Respect technical constraints and guidelines during level creation;
· Actively participate in design specific discussions and design reviews;
· Work in collaboration with level artists to ensure that playability of the level and the graphic elements support each other;
· Share knowledge and mentor junior designers;
· As the project progresses, integrate the elements produced in the map (new gameplay, AI, sound, etc.);
· Control the accessibility and difficulty of the level;
· Bachelor’s degree (CS or Engineering preferred)
· Strong passion for video games
· Strong motivation for creating new things
· Very good communication skills in Chinese and English (speak and write)
· Good at self-training and enjoy learning new stuff
· Do things efficiently and get to the point
· Knowledge of common tools and engines is a big plus
· Experience of game developing/modding is a big plus
· Creative hobbies is also a nice plus to have
Why Ubisoft Shanghai:
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
Contact us right now! Sha-Recruitment@ubisoft.com
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.