- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
FMCG Packaged Foods Sourcing Specialist
Global Food Retailer
Netherlands or Spain, remote working role
45K - 55K + Performance bonus
This leading food retailer operating thousands of stores globally is seeking to extend their global sourcing strategy for packaged foods into Europe for products that will be sold worldwide.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be based remotely and can manage the function from most locations throughout Europe, preferably in the Netherlands or Spain. You will be developing a range of localized procurement processes to identify the best suppliers for packaged foods that will be sold to consumers globally.
As the Packaged Foods Sourcing Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Visiting and managing suppliers across Europe and assessing their suitability for the global procurement process by evaluating compliance, inbound/outbound deliveries and improvement opportunities.
- Develop demand-aligned product specifications and detailing with internal teams which will form the basis for negotiations with suppliers.
- Manage inventories, surplus assets and logistical requirements for product deliveries.
- Effectively conducting cost analyses for suppliers, depending on internal demand, and identifying the best processes that align with product demand.
Key skills and experience required as Packaged Foods Sourcing Specialist.
- Entrepreneurial attitude to work autonomously and within set time requirements whilst travelling up to 50% of the time, as required, across Europe.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills when visiting suppliers and ensuring that process changes to shipments, inventories and compliance are completed and acted on.
- Extensive market knowledge of the local supplier network in Europe as well as an understanding of the procurement process for packaged foods.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or a relevant discipline as well as right to work in the EU.
You will be taking on this unique role as a leading figure in a multinational company establishing a global sourcing strategy for packaged foods in Europe. You will be at the forefront of engaging with new suppliers and deciding on optimal procurement strategies that align with the product strategy.
To apply please send a copy of your resume to Eddy at