- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Accountable for P&L recognition, balance sheet substantiation and financial control processes
- Business support including advisory of accounting treatments for new acquisitions and divestments, providing inputs and insights into PF management and performance reporting and supporting ad-hoc business requests for information and analytics
- Support the development, streamlining and maintenance of a robust control environment, ensuring adherence to the Bank's Financial Control and Operational Risk policies
- Review and inputs into revenue, balance sheet and RWA forecasts and budgets for PF
- Assist with the implementation and compliance with Group accounting policy
- Support Group Finance requirements with regards to period-end reporting including position reporting, key structured transactions and key drivers of business financial performance and movements in investments valuations
- Operational risk reporting and performance of Key Control Self Assessments (KCSA) relating to PF Product Control processes
- Ensure correct accounting treatment for PF deals in accordance with IFRS, Group financial accounting policy and management reporting principles. Engagement with Technical Accounting and Valuation Control teams for their technical expertise in new deal review, accounting treatment and fair valuation of debt and equity investments and any associated derivatives.
- Review of PF economic hedge related reporting, impacting P&L and Balance Sheet
- Review and reconciliation of financial statements for special purpose vehicles to SCB general ledger, including those prepared by external administrators.
- Review of Carry Interest Plan (CIP) workings and IRR calculations relating to the PE portfolio and assist/coordinate Product Control sign-off on a quarterly basis.
- Objective review of Product Control processes for PF and developing best practice.
- Active discussions with Operations, Tax, in-country Finance and project teams to assist in resolution of operational issues, systems improvements and implementations and ensure consistent booking models are applied for PF
- Assist in the business wind-down process, ensuring robust controls and compliance to governance framework (internal & external)
KEY RELATIONSHIPS - INTERNAL
- CFO - CIB
- Country Finance teams
- Technical Accounting
- Valuation Control
- Group and Country Tax teams
- Transfer Pricing teams
- Principal Finance Separation Team
- Group Finance
- Extended PC PF team in Bangalore
KEY RELATIONSHIPS - EXTERNAL
- SPV Administrators
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Product Control function, which continually seeks to challenge and improve standards.
- Driving closer alignment between Product Control, Operations and in-country Finance teams.
- The development and positioning of Product Control as a business focused function.
- Efficiencies through streamlining and automation of processes
- A robust control environment which will ensure the business continues to be restructured in a controlled manner.
- A strong Product Control team with a coherent approach and strong focus on delivery
- Strong collaboration and fungibility with PF PC Bangalore team ensuring quality review (and operational involvement, where required)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- ms project