- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Reporting to the AVP Strategic Business Partnering (‘SBP’). Trusted finance professional focused on delivering value-add financial/ strategic advice, one source and version of truth around regional business performance and actionable insights to challenge the business in making optimal decisions. Providing needed support to analyse different emerging business issues and drive appropriate solutions which result in superior business performance.
Business Performance Management
Understands a region’s key financial and operational performance drivers – uses it to interpret/synthesize and deliver timely performance management information through actionable insights. Assists the region’s management team in the development/refinement of financial/non financial KPIs to enable effective performance management. Prepare analysis & supports deep dives for Monthly Performance Management Meetings (PMM). Helps support a framework to drive expense management discipline and focus across the business. Supports the comparison/benchmarking of business operations to drive/challenge performance. Evaluate & interpret competitor & benchmarking analysis.
- Ensures all business decisions are being supported by high quality financial analysis.
- Conducts deep dives on identified business issues and trends, evaluating new business opportunities and identifying value destroyers.
- Provides analytical support around specific business initiatives (e.g. portfolio transfers, capacity modelling) and business cases.
- Ensures oversight and adherence to established financial policies and governance framework.
- Helps identify and strengthen financial controls that are effective at preventing undesirable risks.
- Provides appropriate support and governance around month end close activities.
- Driving the region’s financial planning/forecasting processes necessary to achieve strategic goals. Includes development of appropriate tools/templates to provide base information to help facilitate the process. Hyperion input and consolidation/analytical support (as required).
- Foster strong relationships with Regional Leaders to ensure understanding and effective and efficient delivery of stakeholder needs.
- Generalist with integrator capabilities drawing across the finance disciplines and across boundaries to identify and influence business issues.
University Graduate with an accounting designation is preferred
EXPERIENCE3 years experience in insurance or financial services industry in a Finance role 7+ years of overall working experience in Finance Exposure to business partnering type roles would be preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Superior analytical skills with strong desire to probe, question, validate and challenge to ensure accurate and insightful analysis Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills Ability to influence and challenge the business unit leadership team Proven ability to embrace and lead change, be highly adaptable and flexible, decisive and display excellent judgment Organizational awareness and political sensitivity Has a can do – consistently deliver high performance in a fast paced environment, while adhering to strict deadlines. Plans and organizes work and exploits systems and technology, establishing clear objectives to deliver business goals. Demonstrates understanding and strategic perspective on the insurance industry Bilingualism would be an asset Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications especially Excel (pivot tables, macros, formulas) Experience using financial reporting/planning systems (Oracle, Essbase, Hyperion). Working knowledge of data systems, query extractions (MINDS)
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.