- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Google's line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the rare opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with our top partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google's ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
Our Global Product Partnerships team leads development of YouTube's distribution, strategic marketing and technology licensing partnerships. In this role, you will help craft strategy to drive distribution of YouTube content across all platforms, generate awareness and increase usage, and work to identify partnership opportunities to aid product development. This includes understanding the landscape of partnership opportunities, defining and structuring strategic partnerships, negotiating contracts and managing partner relationships.
As part of the YouTube’s Product Partnerships team you'll help drive YouTube’s growth in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), with near term focus on South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in front line client facing business development roles.
- Experience in the telecom, media and technology sector in key markets including South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, or other Emerging Markets.
- MBA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with agreements and managing relationships with telecom operators and OEMs, developing programs with retailers to grow product awareness, and creating partner management processes.
- Understanding of mobile and broadband business models and priorities for partners.
- Experience with cross-functional teams and building strong across sales, marketing, business development, engineering and product management teams.
- Ability to articulate new concepts and business models that are unique to Africa’s emerging markets to a global cross-functional team
- Manage partnerships that drive distribution of YouTube’s applications and services, significant awareness and user growth with mobile operator and broadband partners in SSA’s key markets.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners including management and optimization of existing partners, support and track new partners through the launch process, agreement negotiations, and liaise with YouTube product and technical support teams that may be in other regions.
- Work with your YouTube Product Partnership colleagues and define and execute country strategy to accelerate growth as new initiatives arise.
- Execute scalable user acquisition through partnerships and marketing programs.
- Define, analyze, and communicate partner metrics and develop account plans for presentation to YouTube management and partners.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate