- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Market Risk Scenarios - Quality Assurance - 90221094
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:14 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
arket Risk Scenarios - Quality Assurance
Czech Republic, Prague
About Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology
The Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology team (RFT) comprises 3500 colleagues situated in the major hubs of United Kingdom, United States, India and Czech Republic. We are accountable for the delivery of technology for Risk, Finance and Treasury Functions globally, working in partnership with our Business customers to develop and implement long term strategic IT solutions. We support more than 450 applications and a user base of 7000+ staff across all business units and major geographic hubs, enabling them to effectively manage capital and liquidity, assess internal and external risk metrics, and meet regulatory reporting requirements.
Market Risk Management
Barclays Risk is mandated by the Barclays Board with the overall management and oversight of risk management practices. It operates across the organisation, and globe to protect Barclays’ financial performance and reputation.
The Market Risk team is responsible for managing the risk to the Group’s earnings or capital due to changes in the level or volatility of prices. It includes risk arising from changes in interest rates, credit spreads, commodity prices, equity prices and foreign exchange levels, among other variables.
What will you be doing?
The purpose of the role is to define, execute and review tests and tests evidences with the objective to demonstrate that Market Risk software meet the functional and technical expectations set by users and IT stakeholders. The person will also be responsible to ensure that tested software meet the set standards in terms of usability, security and controls. The other purpose is to identify data related issues and escalate those to the relevant teams.
We are looking for logical and organised minds who are quick learners and can solve complex problems with a great degree of independence and who are able to communicate with other teams in order to clarify requirements.
• Plan and design tests covering functionality of market risk systems
• Execute the tests, raise and track bug reports\incidents, provide sufficient details for Dev team to investigate
• Actively participate in meetings with Business Analysts and Development team to clarify requirements and to drive the project, conduct test cases reviews to ensure they accurately capture business functionality
• Provide direction to the other QA team members with regards to any tasks required to support the testing deliverables
• Evaluate test automation options, develop new functional and regression tests
• Adhere to team standards and best practices, propose improvements to the development\testing process
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in testing client\server technologies, web-services, and frameworks\non-GUI applications
• Ability to act independently across QA domain (negotiate with developers, business analysts and users, create test strategy, conduct testing and track defects, get involved in low-level technical details)
• Experience with scripting or general purpose OOP language
• Able to work with minimal guidance
• Able to balance competing stakeholders and priorities
• Positive and proactive approach to problem solving
• Understanding of IT languages coding logic
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Test management and automation tools – Jira, QC, Selenium
• Experience with relational databases, knowledge of SQL
• Experience with NoSQL or big data solutions (Hadoop, MongoDB) and related technology
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Familiarity with tools supporting SDLC (Deployment and Continuous Integration – Team City, Nolio, Jenkins; Source Control – Git, Perforce, etc)
• Previous experience in investment banking, or in the financial industry, or knowledge of finance, investment banking, and/or trading
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking company in the world. Over the years, we have come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances; whether it was the first credit card issued in Great Britain or the first ATM
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.